Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Applying one model's animations to another, and re-using animations

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2011 02:39
Hey everyone,
I have a question regarding skeletal animations and applying one model's animations to another. I'm using FRAGmotion and Milkshape3D. What happens when I merge animations between models, is that the skeletons are somehow incompatible between the two, and the end result is a deformed mess.

So, how can I use the first model's animations in a second model? The only solution that I can think of would be deleting the first model's geometry, replacing it with the second model's, and then reassigning all vertexes to new bones (But there has to be a better way then this).

Second question, I own Enhanced Animations. If all my models (eventually) use the same set of animations, I should be able to load one copy of the animation set into Enhanced Animations, and apply them to the models?

Thank you all for your help.

Hi there. My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:08:04
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:08:04