Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Animation problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
The door in this model is supposed to simply slide up when I play it in darkbasic pro. Everything works fine in Milkshape and I export it. The problem is when I get it in darkbasic and run the animation, instead of the door opening and closing the whole structure moves up. Here's the model and pic of my export from Milkshape.

?..?..?..?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 3rd Dec 2011 18:01
Lol... umm did you use limbs in your model?

Your supposed to set the animation to the limb as far as I know...

Hope this nade sense and helped...

GALACTUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Please explain and show me please I guess I'm a little lost here. BTW this is the first time I've done an animation.

?..?..?..?
GALACTUS
Years of Service
User Offline
I did forget to make a limb in milkshape so I did but it's still doing the same thing. The whole thing is still moving. Here's the updated file.

?..?..?..?

Attachments

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2011 18:36
Specify the limb in DBPro... umm I still need to look into yhis... why not make 2 models... for the time being and also please use the edit button next to your posts to edit a message... Try not to double post...

GALACTUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2011 18:43 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2011 19:00
Oh, I just thought all the animations would be comprised in the .x file as they are with any other animated .x files I used and you simply use the loop or play command in dbpro. I didn't know you needed a limb in dbpro to make that work.

?..?..?..?
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2011 19:29
They are... did you perform a limb check?

GALACTUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, It states 5. Did you get a chance to look at it yet?

?..?..?..?
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 01:45 Edited at: 8th Dec 2011 15:09
GALACTUS:

The animations you create in Milkshape should show up in DBPro with no problem if they are exported correctly. Can I ask what parameters you used when you exported it? Perhaps you could grab a screen pic just as you are about ready to export it and post it here.

I have Milkshape and can load your model in and test it, but I won't be at my computer until tomorrow. Since the download is a .rar file, I can't tell if the file is a .ms3D file. Is it? If not, please upload the .ms3d file.

EDIT:
The problem was that you only assigned a joint to the door, but had no joint assigned to the rest of the model. All of the vertices in the model need to be assigned to a joint, even if they are not animated. I created a new joint that is for all of the other vertices and then make a child joint for the door.

I exported it using your settings and it worked (though it was really small as you are exporting at 1/10th scale). I have included my export settings FYI. I've also included some quick code to demonstrate it works. I had to change the materials so you can see it okay.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 18:15:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 18:15:38