Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Windows / windows c++ tier2 screen resolution issue

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been working on my agk game with vs2008. I set the virtual resolution to 480 X 320 to mimic a mobile device in the landscape view(on its side). But I realized it doesn't look right and this might not work for all the mobile devices. So I was wondering do I fix this problem now or worry about it when I'm complete finish with it? If i try to fix it now how do I go about accounting for most mobile devices and working with the virtual resolution? Should I use the percentage system?
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
You need to use the Virtual Resolution and get accustomed to work with %. Personally I didn't find this to my liking, but I only want to publish on iOS so the resolutions are quite fixed.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 00:58
If you asked me, I would always recommend Percentage Coordinate System. If you asked Mike and Dave, they would always recommend a Virtual Resolution System. It's entirely down to personal choice. My argument for percentage is that you set your aspect ratio (widescreen/portrait/whathaveyou) and start laying out your hyper sized artwork using simple numbers; 0-left, 100-right, 50-middle, 25-quarter width, e.t.c.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
gsdblack
Years of Service
User Offline
How can I use both? When I set a virtual resolution everything is working with pixels and when I don't everything is working with %'s. I'm confused.
Grayvyn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2011 04:59
With VS2008 and tier 2, look at core.cpp file and find

This controls the window size. I would set that to whatever resolution you set using agk::SetVirtualResolution() that way you don't get any stretching or thinning.

This should at least get it looking right under windows.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:12:25
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:12:25