Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / [preview] Character : Salamander - by erebusman

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 02:11 Edited at: 4th Jan 2012 03:28
Hello

As promised I will be making a free contribution to Vandaarc's Mega Fantasy pack and having finally finished other work related items and my MaskedMan model I'm ready to progress on this character.

I did not want to hijack Vandaarc's thread so started this one for the models progress.

I will probably make 1 variant for Vandaarc's pack and then an additional paid-for version with different attachments / skins etc in the FPSC Store.

EDIT: Added most recent image here near top

Here is the model preview in progress with a in progress texture shot also

King Fluffs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 03:31
He looks nice.
Keep up the good work.

Swift Beta Studios
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 04:37 Edited at: 8th Dec 2011 04:39
I dont know why they keep letting it slide but I keep seeing posts from you with no in game screenshot, for example the thread you link to above,it helps to let people see what your models look like in FPSC. Especially if you intend to sell them.

erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 05:22 Edited at: 8th Dec 2011 06:13
@rolfy

If that was a requirement I was not aware of it. I'll research it thanks for the tip.

I do include in-game screenshots when the models go on sale in the store of course as that's clearly documented.

In my BlackOps post it does include in-game screenshots; and I'll be sure to put some here soon ; but at this point this model is not in game yet its a WIP post ; which may be why they let it slide? This model is clearly a work in progress, not a finished model.

Maybe there's a difference between a WIP post and a announcement post perhaps?

In any case I'll re-read forum rules and try to comply with whatever I can glean from them.

Thanks again.

EDIT: Updated with a totally not ready - but IN GAME screenshot..WEWT.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah ..its been a requirement for a long time, if no screenshot it should be posted in 3dchat, its just one of the rules we all follow around here. Usually the mods are pretty quick to move them or lock them.

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 08:04 Edited at: 8th Dec 2011 08:13
I was in limbo.

He has an in-game shot now... Though it would have been better to see a completed model in-game. When your building a new model keep it in 3dchat. Once complete you can always ask a mod to move it to FPSC Media.

Edit: Changed my mind. You do have an in-game yes, but it's a character wip that you threw into FPSC just for a in-game shot. Once you have this thing rigged, animated and working in FPSC I'll gladly move it.

Besides you'll get more crit and comments in 3dchat then FPSC Media.

erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 14:10
@ Josh

I dont mind it being wherever you guys want it...

But I did in fact rig him with a biped and load my personal working default animation set. I just used a script that makes him stand in his default pose to take the screenshot because I dont like them running around and jumping around when I take my screenshots
erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2011 05:21
update

- made some modifications to the horns
- re-did the uvw map
- started refining the texture

erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2011 20:38
Some updates here...

I've been refining the texture and UVW map

I also experimented with his overall appearance and think I can do a few variants, the one I'm liking the most so far is this "obsidian salamander' variant:

A few renders of the character at various phases

Shot 1

Shot 2

Shot 3

Final rigging and testing is going on right now so that I can animate him out shortly.

I do have some questions if anyone has a moment.

This character will NOT be using standard weapons he will have some sort of melee weapon like a staff , halberd, or trident for instance. I understand I can use a melee script for the attacks (any links on how to do that would be appreciated).

But also very importantly is ..

1: Can I animate him at say 60FPS if I want to as long as the FPE points to the right frames?

2. Can I do extended idle sequences? AKA more than one idle (like passive idle, aggressive idle, etc for when he has seen you or doesnt know you are there for instance)

3. Any other resources or threads you can point out how to animate or script a fully melee character with totally different setup than a standard gun toting FPS character is appreciated.

Thanks!
erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2012 05:38 Edited at: 7th Jan 2012 05:39
Updated image - shows attack animation side view:

erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2012 04:47
updated in game shot, new animations in progress ,
this is part of the idle pose,
need to get weapon in game also

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2012 22:26 Edited at: 18th Jan 2012 22:27
This is coming along nicely, when do you expect a release date?
Once its rigged I think you got more than enough going on here to post it over in FPSC models and media as a wip to let folks know your progress.
You should keep this thread updated to keep DBPro users aware as I think many of those miss out on much of the media they can use when it gets buried in models and media. I dont really think it would be spamming the boards if you do so but maybe a mod would correct me.

Good work.

Awesome! Its one of those threads.
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2012 22:37 Edited at: 18th Jan 2012 22:37
Posting in both boards is cool with me. A few people already do this, Henry Ham is a big offender.

I myself ignored the FPSC boards altogether for the first few years of the forum's life because I only used DBP. I didn't even know there was a model section.

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2012 22:16
makes me sound like some sort of forum master criminal lol

Cheers henry

erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2012 01:19
The model is in fact done and animated...

But I can't figure out scripting there seems to be almost no information on how to get this done so Vandaarc is going to assist with that. He is in fact working on it now.

I am in holding pattern while he does that which is why I have not updated for a while.

I will certainly update again as soon as I have a finalized version but that should be released in conjunction with Vandaarc's pack.

Thank you all for the comments.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:00:00
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:00:00