Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Problem with installing Android SDK and Eclipse. Help anyone?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello guys. I've got a problem with installing Android SDK for Android 2.3.1 and Eclipse Classic (32MB) on my Windows 7 (64 MB). Anyting wich resembles a program in any of these packages is set to "compatibility mode with Win XP SP 2/administrator rights" in order to avoid incompatibility with my Win 64, guided by the principle "32MB/x86" ALWAYS works compared to 64MB.

To the case:
I tried to follow AGK's "how to publish on android" help topic. Installed Android SDK for Android 2.3.1 Then I've got "adb server killer & adb server starter could not be installed". I'm wondering whether I would need those in future and if yes how do I solve the problem . solution for dummies step by step please.

Then I unzipped Eclipse classic (32MB) in randomly chosen Windows destination on my C: drive. I did set it to compatibility with XP SP 2. Tried to start it. It says "unable to launch org.eclipse.equinox.launcher _1.2.0.v20110502.jar" How do I solve this problem. Again advice for noobs is required.

Thank you in advance
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm having a few issues with this process myself. However, I have got past this point. I am not sure why you are having issues, but I can say it is not Windows 7 64 bit directly that is causing the problem. I run that O/S and had no issues with eclipse running. I also did not set ANY compatibility options, I just ran it.

Have you followed this part of the guide?
You may also need the JDK available from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html if you are not using the Windows installer version of the Android SDK below.

I'm pretty certain the Android SDK I downloaded was just a rar, rather than an installer. I could be wrong, but it's worth a try if you haven't already installed it.

nja
Years of Service
User Offline
One thing I do know is for 64 bit Windows 7 make sure and download the 32 bit version of Eclipse. I had issues when switching to win 7 with the 64 bit version of Eclipse.
funny_guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you very much to both of you for your replies. I managed to install Android SDK. But I still got a problem with Eclipse (32MB) Classic. I unzipped it and tried to run but it shows a splash screen and then it prompts " Failed to find main class in C:\...\Eclipse-SDK-3.2.1-win32\eclipse\\plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.v20110502.jar
funny_guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Then how do Isolve Eclipse Problem?
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I am unsure what the problem is I am afraid. I have yet to get a compile to work beyond just making a new player Perhaps it is an admin rights issue? It all depends where you installed eclipse. I installed it in a folder called eclipse on the c drive, so have no problems. If you installed in a protected folder however, you may need to give eclipse admin rights for it to access files ok.

funny_guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank a lot man. Moving it to C: helped.
Happy Holidays

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:58:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:58:27