Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Complete Game! - The Geordie Translator

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2011 12:26
Guess what? More great news! We have released yet another game written in AppGameKit on our website!
'The Geordie Translator' is a funny 'translator' app which lets you hear recorded phrases in a normal English, Geordie and posh accent!

Visit our website to purchase, or download it from the Android market place now!

My signature is NOT a moderator plaything! Stop changing it!
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 14th Dec 2011 14:40
Let me guess where the idea behind this came from lol...
Whats it listed for¿ £0.99¿

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2011 14:24
Nice! I saw Jimmy Carr teaching Salma Hayek and Antonio Banderes to speak in Geordie the other night, hilarious!

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2011 12:48
Quote: "Whats it listed for? £0.99?"

Indeed it is.

Quote: "I saw Jimmy Carr teaching Salma Hayek and Antonio Banderes to speak in Geordie the other night, hilarious!"

Quality! It's always funny when people try to teach foreigners to speak in regional dialects!

My signature is NOT a moderator plaything! Stop changing it!
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 02:51
What geordie and posh? More weird Brit stuff?

"You're not going crazy. You're going sane in a crazy world!" ~Tick
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 02:57
Hi Phaelax... pretty much... yet even I do not get the whole picture... I live in the north west of England... I believe its a south west... London thing...

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2012 20:31 Edited at: 10th Jan 2012 20:34
Geordie = A regional dialect. Basically anybody from Newcastle. In the US, you guys have 'Jersey Shore', we have 'Geordie Shore', if that gives you an idea of what kind of reputation Geordies have.

Posh = Upper Class, tends to sound quite snobby - probably one of the ways of speaking associated with the English over sees. Hitting in an arm chair with a top hat and monocle smoking a pipe.

This app seems like quite a funny idea, to be honest, I have trouble understand what Geordies are saying anyway. If I had a Doncaster -> Southern translator a couple of years back, I might have understand my old flatmate.

lilpissywilly
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2012 11:27 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2012 11:30
I hope this may enlighten you Phaelax: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I5tqSiqyAI

In case you're unsure, the people around the table are of the posh persuation. Which leaves Clive their Pet Northerner(tm)

My hovercraft is full of eels

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:51:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:51:24