Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] AmenUs (Aminus)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2011 19:13
What happened to the world? What happened to you?... You opened your eyes, but you cant remember anything. World around you have changed, and... What is this? A hallucination? A dream? A purgatory? Or, maybe everything is absolutely for real.

This is a short description to the game I'm working on right now. I'm making this game with an FPS Creator, and it's been a while, so I decided to show some of the shots from the game. By the way, used a lots of free entities, sound and etc. from the NET, my actual work is limited only by levels (maps), textures, skins and some sounds, everything else is purely from NET.

Here are some screenshots:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mario88
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2011 18:26 Edited at: 25th Dec 2011 19:10

The protagonist of this game has no name, he even isn't sure that exists.
Everything around him seems unreal, more like a dream ... Or rather a nightmare. Devastated streets, boarded-up doors and windows tells that here happened something not very good, but what will happen later can't have a logical explanation. Gloomy and dark ambient atmosphere will accompany the player throughout, it's up to you to get to the truth and sort out what happened, and defeat your own fear, sin and anger.

The game is a kind of an adventure thriller, for some it may seem like a horror game and they will be right. Though the game has 6 types of weapons, call the game action-shooter is difficult, because there will be more puzzles rather than enemies.

Attention! My game may seem offensive to believers, women and children. To last ones is not recommended at all, because of 18 + material.

System requirements are not great, even 256 MB RAM should go without any problems, however, the more RAMS you have the better.

Expected release date: 2012 begining, but alpha version or something like Episode 1 can be released now.

Thank you for your support

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3QZZ54vwIw
Trailer (extended):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUNv8cnwpr8
SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 18th Dec 2011 06:44
Well I hope you dont mind. Ive been working on a game called Animus for nearly a year and a half now. Completely different story line to yours though. Here is my game's main character: http://mrfenix.deviantart.com/art/Serephina-154500596

Just thought I would let you know.

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2011 07:50
@mario88- looked pretty original till I saw the zombie. I would suggest omitting such types of enemies to keep this game original. I love the trailer and the game, but also might suggest using lighting.

@landman- nice character drawing. it looks like jeffree star kind of.

Mario88
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2011 18:33

Screenshot taken during development, I note that almost all the textures and models skin I remade by myself, however I don't make any models, I do not have the right editor, so I have to look them on the Net.
Mario88
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2011 18:38
I'm sorry, how can I reply to comments?
Mario88
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2011 19:56
@Bugsy- about that zombie you saw in the end of the trailer, well, it's a early work, not mention, I was in a hurry making that trailer, so I had to put something in there. I don't want to say that I made one video from a random videos without a point, it's just that there will be something similar to what I showed. Even in the name I wrote (WIP Trailer), of course, I guess the enemies in my project will be hardest thing to make, whatever enemy I tried so far, it's just doesn't seem scary enough.

@Landman- Awesome character, she's a vampire? And about the name of the game, it's cool. By the way, word "Amenus" means "Amen", in case of the name of my project - "AmenUs", it has two meanings, try to guess them.

By the way, thanks every one for telling your opinion, I very appreciate that.
SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 18th Dec 2011 22:21
Sorry, Im on my phone so I cant see the screenshots too clearly, once Im in front of my PC Ill be really keen to look at the screenshots.
Cant wait!

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2011 23:31
hurm, that shotgun seems a little familar? not accusing you, but looks remarkably similar to the one in my game silence.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2011 00:17
its the trench gun. opposing force released it free

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2011 00:53
i know, although im not sure if the one he is using has eai hands rigged to it. if so im a bit sceptical, if it uses mp6 hands i am truly sorry

Mario88
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2011 11:48
Bootlicker, it's a trench gun that I took from FPS-Files, I didn't changed anything, but a hands skin, I needed that to fit arsenal hand skins. M1897 Shotgun created by Opposing Force was snatched more than one thousand times now, so it's no wonder that we have the same weapons in our projects.

Thanx for your comment.
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2011 18:03
its not that we have the same gun. its just that i rigged it to eai hands and animations with a texture change. i can see from that latest screen that i was mistaken, i apologise. could luck with your game.

sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
looks like a cool game may i ask were u got the shotgun in the third screenshot its awsome?

Mario88
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2011 23:25
sic1ne, of course, I got it from FPS-Files.Com, it's absolutely free. There are lots of free stuff, it's a pity that some of the models I actually needed won't work at all, but still. If you download and use it, don't forget to mention author in the credits. Modelers that make models for free deserve this, at least.

Mario88
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2011 15:29
Two more screenshots...

Having some trouble with the software, trying to fix it, but no luck so far.
SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 22nd Dec 2011 08:13
Quote: "@Landman- Awesome character, she's a vampire? And about the name of the game, it's cool. By the way, word "Amenus" means "Amen", in case of the name of my project - "AmenUs", it has two meanings, try to guess them. "

She's a high elf (That's an old pic). I'm creating a FPS RPG using FPSC. Planning on taking the FPSC engine to capabilities that no one has seen on the forums. Large open maps flourishing with wildlife (AI), Towns that are scattered with random quests and inteligent NPCs. Okay nuff said.

When do we get a downloadable demo of your game? I want to play it. I'll run around with that pipe in my hand bashing every enemy I can see.

What is the purpose of the tunnel vision effect on the screen shots? Is that something the player can activate, like an adrenaline shot or something that give the player extra oomf?

Mario88
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2011 15:22
Landman, like I said before, I have some trouble with the soft, so as soon as I fix that, I'm planning to make a Promo Version.
About that "Tunnel Vision", well... It's a simple flashlight, helps player to aim at close range, cuz no crosshair will be available, and of course helps to see in a pitch black areas, nothing really special.

By the way, awesome plans you have on FPSC, won't be easy to achieve though. I would say, almost "mission impossible", but if you think you know how to make all that, in that case, it's awesome!

Thanks for your comment.
Mario88
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2011 16:32
Protagonist facing his reincarnated Fear.

Still fixing trouble...
Mario88
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 12:43 Edited at: 27th Dec 2011 14:02
Hello everyone, here at last I managed to make a PROMO Version of my game. Wasn't easy to make though.

A few words about this release:
Missing all videos, it's just a demonstration of the gameplay, not the final version though, gameplay may change during development. Apologies for the lack of complete author list of models and sounds, I was in a hurry. Forgot to write some, and some didn't find because there was no ReadMe to the model, I promise that in the full version this will be necessarily fixed.

PROMO Version of my game, showing Level 3 and 4, without any videos.
Warning! Contains adult material (18+).
System Requirements:
Windows XP/Vista
Pentium 4, 2.66 Ghz (or equivalent)
1 GB RAM
300 Mb of Hard Drive Space (+ Space for saved games)
DirectX 9.0c
DirectX 9.0 compatible Sound Card
DirectX 9.0 compatible Mouse and Keyboard
DirectX 9.0 compatible Video Card (3D Hardware Accelerated) with at least 128 Mb of memory
(Tested on FX 5200, 8500 GT, 8600 GT, 9300 Gm - Runs fine)
----------------------------------------------------------
Controls:
W,S,A,D - Move
Q,E - Peek left or right, free look while on the move
F - Interact
Space - Jump
Ctrl - Crouch
Z - Focused Vision
<,> - Adjust lightning
T - Lift object in world
R - Reload weapon
1-3 - Weapon select
0 - Holster/Hide weapon
Tab - Toggle FPS on screen
Esc - Pause
Mouse 1-st button - Attack, fire weapon, throw object in world
Mouse 2-nd button - Aim down the sight, lift object in world (Weapon holstered)
Mouse Wheel - Weapon select

Copy link below into your NET Browser, and happy evaluation:
http://narod.ru/disk/35708225001/AmenUs%20PROMO%20Version%201.0.exe.html
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
I like the concept of this game.Design is also cool and your retexturing skill is so great.It seem you have your own style for design so keep up the good work.

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,Rolfy,KeithC,Nickydude,SceneCommander,Dark Goblin And Lee Bamber is my icon.

Mario88
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 18:31
Leongamerz, Thank you very much.
Mario88
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2012 15:16
Few latest screenshots:

Sewer level - W.I.P.
Notice water script, now game is developing with FPS Creator 1.18, you can download PROMO Version from ModDB.Com or link I gave, to test gameplay.
Thank you.
Mario88
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2012 11:31
Hello everyone, is here anyone who could advice me how to make an better optimization of the level, cuz having some issues with the frame rate, not that bad, but I would like to make this game to run on more lower machines than 1 GB Ram and stuff. Waiting for reply, thx.
PekelaarSFX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2012 18:18
Well, I think it is a noble cause that you want to run the game on a 1GB RAM computer... But FPSC is a engine which can use a high amount of RAM memory.. I had problems while using FPSC on my old system (2GB RAM - But I had a Integrated Chip set so I bet thats the problem maker) But it will be a real pain for lower specs than 1 GB, At least, that is what I experience in the 3 years of having FPSC on my older PC.

PekelaarSFX - Dedicated storywriter
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2012 10:24 Edited at: 19th Jan 2012 10:34
easiest: reduce lightmapping in setup.ini. watch out to use shaders only where needed. same for post-processing effects.
some graphics-cards (especially ati) have some problems with combinations of shaders and postprocessing.

best way to optimize would be to edit all used characters and delete the animationframes not needed. as fpsc-data should be used by anyone for any case without providing 20 times the same character, its all baked together in one entity wich needs much unneccessary calculation. but thats modellers-work, i dont know if you can do it, but it gives an imense rise of frames. same for weapons (have done a weapon with only 800 polys and only needed basic animations, runs like a charm and rises fps by 10 against stockweapons). the more complex a model is in animation and meshes, the more problems fpsc has with it.

fpsc is much more capable of content than most of us know simply through the fact of stock-using what an aaa-game does not, where all stuff is handmade for a single purpose. when you do it the same way, you can nearly double enginepower. just a theory and believe atm, but i am really sure about this. have to learn finals in boning, then i try to prove.

check all (ALL) your scripts for little errors. unhandy written scripts are running but cause lag too from time to time.
use normals people-scripts if no darkAI is absolutely needed. the longer a single-script, the more you have to calculate.

in addition: take a look at the culling-system of wasp or 1.19beta.
and take a look at rolfys wip-threads. he bakes unneccessary segments into a static-object to create complex but low processing levels. very stylish and handy.

all4now

maho
Mario88
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2012 17:56
PekelaarSFX, thank you for sharing your experience, I had problems too, when I first met FPS Creator. At that time I had 512 MB RAM and GeForce FX 5200. I started developing "The Crimson Silence", it's finished a long time ago, and to make it run atleast somehow without any knowledge of FPSC as it is, I made Tex - 256, No shaders, Quck Light... etc... But still, sometimes frame rate was lower than 20-19, it was very frustrating.

maho76, thank you very much for your comment, I'll definitely look into setup.ini. I still have a lack of knowing tricks in FPSC, but will try my best. Thank you for support, I very appreciate that.
born for game
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice work.

Mario88
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2012 21:44 Edited at: 27th Jan 2012 21:45
Hello everyone, want to share a few latest screenshots, enjoy.

About 25% of entire project is completed.
Mario88
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2012 15:08 Edited at: 4th Feb 2012 12:59
Maybe it's a stupid question, but if you delete for example unnecessary .fpi scripts from entity's setup it will make frames per second go a bit smother? I mean scripts like "Appear", "Default", "Destroy" and stuff. Thx, will wait for reply.
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Maybe it's a stupid question, but if you delete for example unnecessary .fpi scripts from entity's setup it will make frames per second go a bit smother? I mean scripts like "Appear", "Default", "Destroy" and stuff. Thx, will wait for replay."

If the entities are static, it shouldn't matter. If you are talking about dynamic objects, then you pretty much need those scripts.
Deleting them from the entity setup wont be very good.

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
Mario88
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2012 13:01
ASTEK, thank you for your reply, I'll try and see what happens.
Mario88
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2012 01:16
Some screenshots showing progress of development

Don't forget to download a PROMO Version, if you want to evaluate gameplay. There was a bit of changes, but still.
Mario88
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2012 16:31
Some progress comparison, new textures for entities.
Mario88
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2012 19:41
Final version of level three with concept plan that was made back in 2008.
Mario88
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2012 21:10
It's been a while, so I decide to show off some of the latest screens.

Working on!
loler
Years of Service
User Offline
looks very intresting i will keep an eye on this thread

its not a bug its a feature
Mario88
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2012 21:37 Edited at: 6th May 2012 21:38
As usual, want to share few latest screenshots, and achivments that I made with my project.

Nightmare revealed, the enemy that can't be killed.

Just nice picture, I guess.

A try to make a building in Map Editor out of an actual photo, a simple test. Photo made by me, by the way.

Last thing to show for now, a 45 degree turn corridor.

Visit www.moddb.com to see more, thanks.
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2012 10:19
now it gets into clive barker, didnt it? i like it, go on.

Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2012 12:27
Its all looking very nice indeed.
I realy like what you have done with the red coloured 'windows' in that second screen shot which I think are very effective for giving the creeps.
I hope you keep going with this project and would love to see more.
Mario88
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2012 17:06
Thank you for all your comments, yeah, it has a bit of Clive Barker's shade , he's is one of my favorite writers. And of course I'm keep working on this project, this is my main project, beside 2D action-adventure "Devided". Thanks again.

A bit of a PROMO gameplay(you can watch if haven't played already), uploaded by Octrox:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8YmnpaWZyE
Mario88
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2012 12:14 Edited at: 30th Oct 2012 12:35
Hello, it's been a while since last update. Today I want to share some of the concept art, I've made back in 2008.

By the way, I've released another "Demo" version, AmenUs - Xplore 1.0. If you are interested in this project, feel free to explore the world of AmenUs in first person. (http://www.moddb.com/games/amenus-fps-creator-game/downloads)

Cheers!

Hello, this is a second installment in Xplore version, Xplore in another words is a simple Demo, but it contains levels that actually won't be in the final, although this Demo isn't final, it's shows overall progress. Personally I would leave everything as it is, but as there will be opinions and comments (I hope) I, depending on feedbacks, will improve project. Thanks for your opinions, and stay tuned.

Download Link: http://www.moddb.com/games/amenus-fps-creator-game/downloads

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 14:34:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 14:34:17