Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / SR-25 Sandfire (Sniper Rifle)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2011 20:44 Edited at: 15th Dec 2011 20:55
Hello! I would like to present myself before I go on. I'm the Hitchhiker and this is my first thread. It's to show you some of the work I do whenever I can. I'm new at modelling (I started about two or three weeks ago), I've done about 3 or 4 weapons, but today I'm going to show you this sniper I made today. It's one of my favourites though.

Image Reference: http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr19/Razgrizaces/Guardian%20Corporation/SR-25Sandfire.jpg

It has around 6k polies (but it has many details as you can see).

Well, I don't know much about texture yet, but I will texture the weapon in the next days. I would like to have some feedback and tips from you. Anything you want to say, anything you liked or disliked, please let me know!!

And thank you very much for your time.

The Hitchhiker.

"Great things are done when mountains and men meet." - William Blake
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 15th Dec 2011 21:12
Dude... nice... what program you using to make them?

Would love to see them textured¡¡¡

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2011 00:44 Edited at: 16th Dec 2011 00:47
hi mate its a good start for the short time that you have been modelling.far better than i was at that stage. keep at it & you will go far .

that said heres some crits for you ,your model is far to high in polys for the level of detail you have,some areas like the scope & barrel have far more poly than you need (i would use between 12 to 16 poly cylinders to make them)

the main body of the gun looks very boxy you should try chamfering the outer edges to take the sharpness away from them.the same goes for your for & rear grips.

heres a screenie of my scar model for you to look at (2000 polys). i hope it will help you to see how the model was made & help you with your next models.

cheers henry

The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2011 16:36
@henry You realy like that scar don't you!

@The Hitchhiker
I agree with the others, the gun looks good but some parts is a bit to blocky and you could reduce the polucound without damaging the level of deatil...
The Hitchhiker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2011 18:47
MrValentine: I use Blender. Thank you!

Henry Ham: Hi. Thank you very much for the comment and for the tip, I will try to reduce the polies in the scope because there are many faces around there, yeah. About the scar, it's pretty cool and as you said, very low poly. Thank you again mate!

The Zoq2: Yes, there are some partes a little bit blocky, I know. And thank you for your tip.

Thank you very much for the comments, I will work more on the model.

The Hitchhiker

"Great things are done when mountains and men meet." - William Blake

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 09:04:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 09:04:54