Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Tutorial - How to make 2D rock sprites with Truespace 7.6

Author
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: (Hide and) Seek and Destroy on my guitar!
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 21:57
Hi everyone, here's a little tutorial I made recently to show you how easy it is to make nice looking rock sprites to make your games come to live.
For this tutorial, I used Truespace 7.6 and PaintShop Photo Pro X, but any 3D and 2D program can be used to achieve the same results.
Truespace 7.6 is free to download, so if you wish to try out the tutorial, no problem. However, I suggest you first download the tutorial, and download the version that is mentioned in the tutorial, and NOT the version that is available on the Truespace site, because the version on the Truespace site misses the 'default' Truespace workspace, and misses a few things to follow this tutorial.
I hope you'll enjoy the tutorial as much as I made it, and happy modelling.

Btw, if there are any questions about Truespace, just ask away, and I'll try to help as much as possible.

Here's the tutorial in pdf format.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2011 01:19
Great stuff, simple to follow.

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2011 18:16
Thanks, Josh! Makes me happy to know it is easy to follow.
I'll probably make a few other tutorials about working with Truespace, and maybe a few other applications too.
Thinking about doing a tutorial about UV mapping in Truespace. Not the easiest of things to do.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 01:09
Interesting...

Sadly its too bit gor the forum to allow me to download on my phone ... Will remote into pc to have a look see might add this to my upcoming archive

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 02:05
Quote: "Will remote into pc to have a look see might add this to my upcoming archive "

Thanks for the appreciation, MrValentine.
Feel free to ask questions about the tutorial, working with Truespace, or modelling in general, and I'll help wherever I can.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 02:10
Thanks will try to bare that in mind... I have heard about TS but still getting my head aroind 3DWS

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:16:24
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:16:24