Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Dark Physics - Offset Limb

Author
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2011 09:30 Edited at: 31st Dec 2011 01:08
So, I've been working on a project with Dark Physics and I've come to find out that Dark Physics does not work with DBPro's "Offset Limb", it doesn't seem to offset the physics body.

Offsetting an object is sort of imperative for me, and I've spent the past few hours looking for a solution. The closest I've come was this: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=99795&b=30 but unfortunately that won't work because that method converts the object into a mesh and then back into an object (which would remove all of its limbs).

I was hoping someone would be able to help me find a good workaround.

Sean

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 30th Dec 2011 11:38
Hockey!!! How are ya long time no see...

Anyhoo EZRotate comes to mind here... as I recall something specifically to do with offsets...

If you like I will go check it for you... (means I have to get out of bed and remote into my workstation lol)

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2011 11:59 Edited at: 30th Dec 2011 11:59
Quote: "If you like I will go check it for you... (means I have to get out of bed and remote into my workstation lol)"

If it isn't much trouble,that'd be great!

Sean

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2011 12:03
Ok will have a look at the offset limb code that comes with it and post back here... will be handy if you or someone posts after me lol then I can just click the bold new email lol not important but will sift through the code now... might take a while... brb

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Ok will have a look at the offset limb code that comes with it and post back here... will be handy if you or someone posts after me lol then I can just click the bold new email lol not important but will sift through the code now... might take a while... brb"

Take your time, let me know what you come up with!

Sean

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2011 12:55 Edited at: 30th Dec 2011 12:57
ok...
http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2082

Without repeating many things...

Quote: "EZro_FindOffsetFromPoint

This command will calculate the perpindicular distance from a the coordinates given, to each of the object's axis. This will tell an offset distance, relative to the rotation of the object, from the each axis to the given point.

After using this command to calculate the offsets, use the commands EZro_GetOffsetX(), EZro_GetOffsetY(), EZro_GetOffsetZ() to retrieve the values.

SYNTAX

EZro_FindOffsetFromPoint pointX#, pointY#, pointZ#
"

Not sure this will do the trick for you... I hope I did not do anything bad by quoting the chm file...

but I figured you culd manipulate the values that this command brings back... but I dunno... there are a few more commands actually...

EZro_ObjFindOffsetFromPoint

ObjFindPointFromOffset

which entail

Quote: "After using this command to calculate the offsets, use the commands EZro_GetOffsetX(), EZro_GetOffsetY(), EZro_GetOffsetZ() to retrieve the values."

as before...

So if you can maybe work out some sample code for me to try and compile for you I would gladly try it... I do have Dark Physics so hit me ^^ and if it works... then you can by EZRotate ^^ I pressume you do not already have it... so if I can help you experiment with it before you buy it do not mind as I can see and learn fom this too. I plan to use DP for a lot of stuff.

EDIT

Just ask me if there is a certain aspect you would like more info on.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
I believe that what you're thinking I should do is similar to another workaround I had attempted. I offset the linear velocity each loop, problem with this was if I was going to offset the object 10 units on the Y and the ground was only 5 units away, constantly attempting to apply the offset would cause the object to "vibrate", do to constant collisions with the ground.

Sean

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2011 00:24
Dark DynamiX has the following functions:

Meaning you can change the local positions/rotations of the actors shapes(or shape).

Not sure if this is what you need as the link in the top post is not working for me, obviously you may be far into your project and trying another physics solution may not be an option.

Thought I would mention it just in case, I am here to make fixes too if you find something is not working for you.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2011 00:55 Edited at: 31st Dec 2011 01:09
Quote: "Dark DynamiX has the following functions:"

Hi Matty, that's exactly what I'm after! Switching to Dark Dynamix might be my best option, the command names are very similar so it probably wouldn't be to hard to convert. But, is the paid version available yet? I was sort of counting on particles and cloth. If not, then I suppose the search for a workaround continues :/.

Edit: Fixed the link in the first post

Sean

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2011 01:07
Any details on Dark DynamiX¿

I read about it here and there but... I dunno...

Also is it integrel to DP? I ask as the syntax is similar...

Cheers.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 06:00:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 06:00:02