Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / x and y rotation angle undepending from the z angle

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi people
i'm wondering me if there is a mathematik way to check up the x and y angles undepending from the z angle

i wanna make that when i press for example the upkey that a 3d object is bending a little in this direction undepending in what a side it is faceing (z angle) (from the top-view), i'm sure there is a coolmathe matik way to calculate the x and y rotation!
Xander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2003 20:56
Not quite sure what you are trying to say...

Have you tried the roll, turn, and pitch commands?

Xander - Bolt Software

Why do the antagonists always have to look so cool?
bytemonkey
Years of Service
User Offline
i tried the roll, turn and pitch out but it wasn't that i need

i wanna if the upkey is pressed the object pitches in the up direction
when the leftarrowkey is pressed the object pitches in the left direction
and same with down and right, however in what direction the object is faceing. it is a view depended rotation.

the problem is for example if the object is faceing to the east side and press the upkey and rotate the object in the x-rotation is a other when i face to the south direction

ok i can try it with some "if"s and angle range checking but i'm wondering me if there is a faster math way to calculate the both angles
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2003 02:04
The easy way would be to cap the max pitch at +/- 89 degrees and avoid the problem.
--
TAZ

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 07:32:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 07:32:58