Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2012 14:27 Edited at: 5th Jan 2012 14:28
Introducing Water. It's a puzzle game that I'm developing.

YouTube video

Destroy the landscape to collect the droplets of water. Be careful - bombs are limited, time is your enemy, and droplets that are lost are gone forever.

Are you up to the challenge... of Water?

Hi there. My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you.
SimpleProgram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2012 23:40
Looks cool, one thing i didn't notice is a score. Most puzzles games have some sort of score system.

Such as when the player is dropping water into the cup the score will slowly raise, if the water misses the cup the score will drop.

If the score goes below a certain point.....say 0 the game is over.
The player must gain a certain amount of points to beat the level and advances before the time limit runs out. The stage score is then added to an overall score and reset for the next stage. If the player is good they can get a score higher than whats needed to pass, showing that they have more skill and brain power than the other noobs on the online scoreboard XP.

Bombs are a good method for getting the water to the cups only if the water is blocked by something. What you could do is use Accelerometer commands with physics applied to the water so that when the player moves there device the water will move in that direction do to gravity and the water will "flow" through the stage to the destination. like water moving down a stair stage.

You could also apply regeneration of the stage when it been destroyed to add an extra level of challenge and strategy.

Just some advice, do can do what you want with the game its yours.

Good Luck!

Programming and video games, what else could you need?
anwserman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2012 00:54
Hey Simple Program -

Thank you for the feedback. The scoring system is not in that video, but I do have one. You get bonus points for left over bombs, how many droplets collected, time remaining, and perfect bonus (for collecting all of the water that poured out).

The game also ranks you with an S, A, B, C, D, or E ranking depending on how you do.

As for the accelerometer, that actually is a good idea - however, the problem I feel with that is that you're more limited to what you can do in your playfield space, and it makes the game more complicated. Possibly in a sequel? Yeah sure, but I like having "top-down" water freeflowing madness that I have.

As for the bombs - yes, they're limited to what they can do - but that is where simplicity becomes the challenge. If you're given 2 spouts that water comes out of, 5 bombs and one exit area - how best are you going to use the bombs to get the most drops?

anwserman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2012 23:58
Updated gameplay footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23wF32B4WAM

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2012 13:37
Looking great! ...and you're welcome

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 16:00:25
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 16:00:25