Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / alpha sprite tier 2 problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2012 04:42
hello, I have a problem with making the black part of an image go away by setting the alpha argument within the load image command to 1. I am wondering if I am missing a step or if it is just the compiler doing something weird. Thank you very much

sov the game creator!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
why don't you just use PNG files with transparency already set in photoshop?

that way you will have the sprite ready made and need no extra commands in agk
sovr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2012 01:52
Where would be a site to find a tutorial about this, I do have photoshop but I am very inexpierenced with photoshop... cheers!!

sov the game creator!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
it doesn't have to be photoshop. any paint program will do. when you paint your sprite you have to leave the background BLANK or transparent.

You need to save the sprite as PNG.
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2012 11:30 Edited at: 12th Mar 2012 11:30
iOS doesn't support bBlackToAlpha parameters (Tier1 / Tier2) even with the SetSpriteTransparency function ... Works well on windows and android .. but can't make it work on iOS
KareDev
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Sovr,

to make a PNG with transparency in Photoshop is easy once you know how.

Just as an example, open up Photoshop, create a new image, then on your blank image, doodle something with the paint brush.

Now, go to "file->save for web". In the window that comes up, in the output settings on the right, you want to have PNG selected as the type and the transparency box checked. Then save the file.

Now, you should have a PNG with transparency.

The "save for web" box has some very useful options, so I'd advise playing with it to get a feel for what you can do with it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 07:42:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 07:42:19