Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2003 12:14
Right I have a question regarding this rather cool game.

I have tried the FAQ on eidos website and it doesn't help.

I have the following PC:
AMD ATHLON XP 2400+
256MB RAM
NVIDIA GEFORCE 4 FX5200 128MB
CREATIVE EAX2 SOUND CARD

I haven't a clue what all the options in the settings are, could someone explain them to me?

I am the True Dark Lord. Bow before me!
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2003 12:21
list out some of the options in the settings so the people with the technical know-how but don't have the game can still help out.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2003 12:47
your card is capable of all of the optional settings, but what exactly do you need to know?

i only ask because there's like a billion options, and i don't wanna be writing a post for like ever
simple things though is

Glow = Light/Sun/Fire Glows, adds atmosphere but is DEADLY slow
Field of Depth = Background blur, suppose to give you the sense of depth however in AoD actually looks more like Resident Evils prerendered background - still a cool effect
RT Effects = Real Time Effects, Reflection & Refection for glass, water and metal
Shadows = Well erm Shadows
Fog = again doesn't take a rocket scientist
Heat Wave = this is an awesome thing that makes heat sources shimmer, very awesome but also very costly speedwise
Vertex Shader = Faster Vertex Animation, however the FX5200 it doesn't make much of speed difference when you have multiple people onscreen. With your CPU infact i'd suggest softwate VS.
Well you get the idea ...

if there is anything particular you need explaining then I will in more detail and perhaps with a screenshot when i get AoD reinstalled (my CDROM killed one of the CDs, only just got a new one)

To Survive You Must Evolve... This Time Van Will Not Escape His Fate!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 17:51:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 17:51:52