Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Physics help with movement

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all, im trying to make a game where i have a platform and a sphere, i want you to be able to tilt the platform with the mouse and then the sphere roll around, the issue is ive made the sphere a dynamic rigid body and the platform a static mesh, but i cant get the platform to tilt using the standard rotate commands.

Any idea anyone?

Thanks.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 3rd Feb 2012 00:11
Its called STATIC MESH for a reason... look at the reference.chm file and the other one for which method to use best... you will need to make a joint for that platform for better feedback... the chm files are easier found if on win7 just navigate to the DBPro folder and type .chm in the search box... job done...

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2012 15:42
to help you,

first make your plaftform then use

PHY SET RIGID BODY KINEMATIC ID, state
set it up then using

PHY SET RIGID BODY KINEMATIC POSITION
PHY SET RIGID BODY KINEMATIC ROTATION

to move it around.

PS none of the noraml DBPor move or rotate commands will work with a physx object you must use the one that are for moving physx objects.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2012 19:50
You could keep the platform static and adjust camera angle and gravity vector to make it look like it's tilting. This may be a little difficult to implement so it is only worth it if the platform is a complex object, if it is just a box then just make it dynamic/kinematic as mentioned above.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 22:11:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 22:11:54