Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / First attempts at guitar models

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2012 03:12 Edited at: 4th Feb 2012 16:54
As the title states, here are some of my first attempts at making guitar models. I will list them in order from oldest to newest. Any comments or criticisms are welcome.

First: The DBZ Bird of Prey

Second: Gary Kramer's Turbulence

Third: Eddie Van Halen's Frankenstein 5150

Fourth: My own personal Fender Starcaster

All made with Blender 3D 2.61 as most of you know me to use.

http://awolthehunted.blogspot.com/
For the latest news on my FPS in development, check out my blog!
zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2012 09:33
Nice! I especially like the Fender. Throw a sunburst texture on it, and it would look just like the one sitting next to me! Good job!

My green thumb grew the tree my Trojan War horse was crafted from. With roses in our pockets we rally round the tombstones. Ashes to ashes, we all fall down.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
I look at the guitars wooden parts, and in my mind I am saying "Subdivide!" They really would look better with a quick subdivision.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2012 15:13
if he is just making them to look good then, yes try to subdivide, if making for lowpoly practice/game making then a subdivide wouldnt get you anywhere

Looks great though! I am NOT a big fan of the first one, it could use a lot more polies in the "main body" (or whatever its called, iam no guitarr pro here XD), looks blocky and messy..

still, you got some cool stuff going on here, any plans on texturing?

The result of origin.. Oh and ponies
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2012 16:40
Thanks for the crits guys

Quote: "
Looks great though! I am NOT a big fan of the first one, it could use a lot more polies in the "main body" (or whatever its called, iam no guitarr pro here XD), looks blocky and messy.."

I'm not making them for a game or anything, just to be there. I know the first one is a bit blocky. I am so used to modeling for low poly that I just leave it blocky. I will probably go back and smooth that one out.

Quote: "I look at the guitars wooden parts, and in my mind I am saying "Subdivide!" They really would look better with a quick subdivision."

All of the guitars or which one?

Quote: "Nice! I especially like the Fender. Throw a sunburst texture on it, and it would look just like the one sitting next to me! Good job!"

Thanks! I don't think I plan on texturing them any time soon. Although, these wouldn't be near as hard as some of the guns I make.

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2012 17:18
Enter these into this months compo... They are pretty good

I'd like to see you start finishing (I.e; texturing) your work though... You've got modelling down pretty well by now.

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2012 17:28
They've got a Compo for it?!?!?! 0_0 YES! Maybe I can get something this time!

Oh yes, and update, I subdivided the DBZ Bird or Prey and smoothed it out. I hope you guys like it.

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Oh yes, and update, I subdivided the DBZ Bird or Prey and smoothed it out. I hope you guys like it."

It still looks jagged for some reason. Subdivide should make it look smooth like a baby's bottom.

Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2012 18:49
It's meant to be a little jagged. That's the way the real guitar is. I'm texturing the Fender right now. It's going to be my entry into the competition.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2012 19:54 Edited at: 4th Feb 2012 19:54
Quote: "It still looks jagged for some reason. Subdivide should make it look smooth like a baby's bottom."

it all depends on how you make the control edges and how many times yo udivide it

The result of origin.. Oh and ponies
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2012 05:00 Edited at: 6th Feb 2012 01:32
I did a texture for the Fender. You can see it in the Instrument Modeling Compo thread.

EDIT:
Here's a finished mesh for a Dean Dimebag Razorback. Texture to come soon enough.
[img][/img]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 11:50:54
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 11:50:54