Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Tree entity problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2012 00:26
I have made a tree which I have up and running for X10. But the problem is that when I walk towards it, and collides I cannot get to the branch, The player collides at it's most outer leaf like if it was an invicible box surronding it, even thou I edited the FPE file to set object to polygon collision (collisionmode=1)

Best regards

www.memblockgames.com
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 12th Feb 2012 00:30
Yes, the leaves are polygons, so collision will be detected against the leaves too. The only real way to overcome this is to remove the leaves at the end.

There's no kill switch on awesome.
mnemonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2012 00:38
ok, I understand what you're saying. But I even tried to scale the object so the 'leaf crown' could'nt possible be collided with the player. Still the same, I could not get to the branch.

I had to set the object to dynamic mode because for some reason the tree became invisible in test game mode when it was static. Do you think that this has something to do with it?

www.memblockgames.com
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Dynamic entity's use box collision only.

Awesome! Its one of those threads.
mnemonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2012 19:22
ok. I had a feeling that this was the case. But thanks for confirming it!

Do you, or anyone else might have an idea on why It becomes invisible in static mode. It is Tree A from the london model pack I'm talking about

www.memblockgames.com
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2012 03:42 Edited at: 14th Feb 2012 03:43
I dont have the pack so cant say with any certainty, if it uses a singe diffuse texture and not multiple, shut down FPSC, then you should remove any shaders from it, delete the bin and dbo files and place a single tree in your map as static, test with shaders turned off and it might cure it for you.

Awesome! Its one of those threads.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 18:52:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 18:52:39