Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Download of PowerPoint?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
For some reason my computer doesn't have PowerPoint or any other Microsoft accessaries, probably because we have WordPerfect instead, but does anyone know a place a I can download it cause I need it for a school project. And I don't want like Kazaa or places like that, that I have to sign up for.

Thanks,

You want me to get a life? Ok, hold on a sec. *picks up the controller and presses Up,Down,Right,A,Left,B,Y* There you go now I have 50!
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2003 02:32
I doubt you'll find PowerPoint anywhere legally.
Kazaa Morpheus etc are most likely the only way aside for buying it which we all endorse here in this community

-RUST-
Evilcatt09
Years of Service
User Offline
Well that really sucks. I guess I'll just have to do it on a freinds computer that does have PowerPoint.

You want me to get a life? Ok, hold on a sec. *picks up the controller and presses Up,Down,Right,A,Left,B,Y* There you go now I have 50!
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2003 03:01
unless someone else knows for sure - I just am of the mind that you won't find it legally. Wait for some more replies

-RUST-
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2003 03:29
There's a free powerpoint player thats available

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7C404E8E-5513-46C4-AA4F-058A84A37DF1&displaylang=EN

If you need to edit presentations, then you might be in luck - OpenOffice/StarOffice may be able to do this for you.
Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2003 09:50
PowerPoint is not free, but the player is. (it's even on the WIN98-CD)
It depends on what you want to do with it, you could use other programms. I don't have PowerPoint, I allways made my presentations with *cough*QBASIC*cough* or DarkBASIC.
It works really fine.

"Begin at the beginning, and go on till you come to the end: then stop." - Lewis Carroll
Evilcatt09
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't want the player though I need PowerPoint so I can make a presentation for school.

Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2003 17:41
Like IanM said, download OpenOffice. It's free and can do must suff MS Office can. It even supports the powerpoint file format.

I would be unstoppable if I could just get started...
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2003 18:03
PowerPoint isn't a free Micrsoft accessory, its a full blown commercial program costing at least £50.

I vote for OpenOffice

Elleomea
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2003 18:30
Yep, OpenOffice (http://www.openoffice.org) rules, and can even export as SWF (Shockwave Flash) files which PowerPoint can't. I have both Office XP and OpenOffice, but I always prefer to use OpenOffice.

How much ham could a hamster stir, if a hamster could stir ham?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 18:52:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 18:52:42