Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / [MM 1.0.5] Hi-Fi Animated Decal Pack

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2012 01:55 Edited at: 21st Feb 2012 01:56

This pack is for FPSC x10 Mystic Mod versions 1.0.5 or newer. It contains 8 high quality animated decals that take advantage of MM's ability to parse long decal images.

Instead of you typical 4*4 decals, some of these are as long as 4*28, providing for smoother animations and longer animation cycles.

DOWNLOAD:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2876662/MM_DecalPack.zip

And please let me know if you have specific needs. I will add them to the next decal pack.

For use in any and all applications. No credit required.
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2012 09:43
I will download this when i get home from work.

But, they look great! Good work man. I know you have been working hard on these for some time now.

Thanks man.

Unfamillia

[url=www.touchoffear.webs.com][/url]
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2012 14:48
I had hoped to make a much larger set but I wanted to make sure to get something out there within two weeks of the latest Mystic Mod release. Additionally, I no longer have access to my preferred video editing software so making looping animation became nearly impossible.

That said, I think these are some of the better looking animated decals for FPSC. In particular, the sparks decal is pretty slick.

My other concern has been the lack of action on the forums in general lately. It's hard to motivate when you can't be sure that your work will be put to use. However, from past experience I've found that for every one person that leaves a comment, about 20 other people download the goods so I guess there are lurkers out there - which is reassuring.

Thanks for downloading! Let me know what you think and let me know what else you'd like to see in future decal packs. I do enjoy making them quite a bit and hopefully I can get a machine that runs Sony Vegas. I've been updating my license for this software for over 8 years now but my current machine refuses to install it for reasons I can not figure out.

When I get that sorted out, I can do looping animations. Also, I have been playing around in Adobe After Effects, which is a vastly superior program for particle effect creation than my current toolset (which for now is ExGen and Particle Illusion 2). In fact, these 8 decals were done using ExGen and Photoshop. At least ExGen will export to a single image, saving me the hassle of having to manually place every single frame into a single sprite sheet.

Woah...I'm feeling chatting this morning. Coffee must be working.
pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2012 17:29 Edited at: 21st Feb 2012 18:08
hey srealist
i follow your work with amazement, i am sure there are more than a few of us lurking here, not just the x10 owners but the x9 crowd
are probally gob smacked at your work, keep up the great work
and thanks for the decals realy nice work.
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2012 05:14
Thanks so much, pdidy! I should make a sign that says "Will work for kind words and appreciation." 'Cause it's the truth. I read your post a couple hours ago and starting working on more decals.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 22nd Feb 2012 14:47
Haven't had a chance to test them yet, but I looked at them, and they look great. I'd like to try some of them as muzzleflash, I think they'd work really good.

There's no kill switch on awesome.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
top banana srealist again superb craftmanship, i think its time i sorted out repaying you guys with something, i will have a think and then give

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2012 04:20
Thanks guys! Lemme know if you all have run them in engine and if there are any issues. Also, please let me know any requests. I will do all requests so long as it is something I am able to do.
pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
using the atached animated decal for a example.
how would i get it to snap or alighn to the edge of a floor
segment using the b key, if you put a 4x4 floor down in map you can see that it will alighn in 100 or outside 100 not on the external edge of the floor segment.see atached screen shot in file.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2012 06:46
I'll take a look at it in a bit. I'm assuming you want it to align to the floor "in script", because obviously you could move it down in the editor. There are two ways to achieve this, one is in the decal spec, and the other in the fpe file.

Cheers,
Darin

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 02:04:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 02:04:17