Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / .dba to .cpp conversion?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Everybody,

Ok, to my understanding, DBPro 'builds' a DirectX program from within the DBPro programming interface once you press F5.

So my question is this. Is there a 'plug-in' for DBP that instead of building the .exe it will build your code into a .cpp or like that you can then load into a c++ editor and see what it looks like?

sorry if this one of the dumbest questions ever asked, but I just had to ask.

thanx!

P4 2.4/ 1gig Ram /GeForce3
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2003 10:05
I thought it built it into machine code.
Oliver
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2003 12:43
I don't know much about the subject, though I don't think you'll ever get it into c++. And i'm certain theres no plug-in to save it as a .cpp.

Floyd
Years of Service
User Offline
Since it doesn't produce c++ code, you can't look at it in that way. MS-DOS used to come with a disassembler, which allowed you to look at object code (machine code). If you're really obsessed about what's being produced, you could probably still find a disassembler somewhere.
Black Hydra
Years of Service
User Offline
I really don't think that is possible nonetheless existant
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2003 03:02
DBPro produces machine code from your basic code, and calls internal libraries written in C++ and compiled to machine code. There is no intermediate code to look at, C++ or otherwise.

If you want to look at the machine code, then the best way is to use a debugger rather than a disassembler, as the debugger gets the code *after* windows has linked in the library code which IMO makes it easier to follow.
Linker
Years of Service
User Offline
DBPro and C++ or even C are completely different languages. If you look at C code, the code for making a loop would be very, very complicated. Someone who has been living under a rock could understand this:

do
print "Hi!"
loop

Even if they didn't know what a computer is. So enough rambling for me to get to the point. All languages have different syntax!!!!!!! You'd need an interpreter for switching the languages. And sorry if I'm wrong, but I don't think there are any DBPro to C++ interpreters out there.
Sorry if that sounded mean.

Linker
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2003 04:17
yes, but i believe that was a bad example. someone from a rock would not have too much trouble with this i bet too:

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main()
{
cout << ("Hello world\nMy name is Matt!");
return 0;
}

Got a knack for finding secrets??? Jingot Racing---A new brand of Racing---Only from Nightwatch Studios
"hey, it's tomorrow" - Hamish

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 09:45:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 09:45:58