Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Netscape / Opera test

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2003 16:06
I would like to ask the help of anyone using Netscape, Opera, or an older version of Internet Explorer (previous to version 6) please.

I am redesigning my web page yet again, and would like to test that the navigation works properly as the buttons are a flash applet.

The link to the interface test is here: http://www.bansheestudios.com/newInterface/.

Currently only the "Home Page", "Forums", and remote links will work as the rest of the site is still being designed.

I would be very grateful for any feedback on the design that you guys are willing to give.

Thankyou.

Pneumatic Dryll
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2003 16:32
Internet Explorer 6 - all OK
Netscape 7 - all OK
Opera 7.21 - all OK except background color of flash buttons is red and so all the gaps between buttons are red instead of white.

Here's a mad thought - YOU could install Netscape & Opera !!!!

Boo!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2003 20:09
IE, Netscape, Mozilla, Firebird, Ghost & Opera all failed to access the site.

To Survive You Must Evolve... This Time Van Will Not Escape His Fate!
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2003 20:55
Works ok in firebird 0.7.

Are the flash bits susposed to do nothing?
Wik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2003 21:38
worked for me (opera)

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2003 23:09
just tested again...
IE - Fine
Opera - A red bg for the buttons, but worked and loaded
Mozilla & Firebird - Buttons didn't load
Ghost - Was a tad slow but fine
Netscape - Fine

just be lucky your not using a java menu system with flash, you then have to work and load everything in layers (not fun)

To Survive You Must Evolve... This Time Van Will Not Escape His Fate!
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2003 09:39
Thankyou for your help guys.

Install Netscape myself !? More clutter, nah i'll leave it to nice helpful people like yourselves who have them anyway Cheers.

Pneumatic Dryll
heartbone
Years of Service
User Offline
PneumaticDryll those buttons are sweet.
M$IE 5.5 SP2 - No problems.
Netscape 4.7 - You only get 5 buttons. Transfusion, Asterioids, Jetpac, Hyperbowl & DOC. After a page reload the same results.

The more you see, the more you know.
The more you know, the more you see.
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2003 12:32
I'm publishing the new site as we speek although it's taking a while as I emptied the entire .com and am uploading everything from fresh. It should go live finaly at around midday GMT today.

I've lots of changes planned. I hope to give everyone the chance to rate and review our games and have the comments on the webpage for each game - good or bad - although full reviews will be encouraged over quick comments. I've not worked out how to do this yet

Most importantly of all though, it is now even easier to find and download from Banshee, and the connections should still be good. We're running at around 30,000 visitors a month at the moment but that's only taking roughly 30% of our bandwidth.

With Transfusions launch though we might struggle a little, we shall see. Our estimate is 0.3 terrabytes of transfer in the first month which is more than we're able to deliver - so we're releasing towards the end of the month to split the bill and also releasing a low bandwidth version to reduce overall transfered data.

See you soon.

Pneumatic Dryll

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 18:41:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 18:41:51