Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Remember the "I confess" thread?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2003 18:49
Well, now that I have something to confess, the thread is gone. Whatever, I'll confess anyway!
At my university, some guys telnet to each others computers to open the CDRom tray. This can be very annoying during class, and one guy did it to me. 2 times. So I telneted to his PC and ejected his CDRom and told him to grow up, and to stop annoying me. Later on, I spoke to him and he said he didn't see any response from me. That means I connected to the wrong PC. My gut tells me I connected to the university's server, and I insulted the guy in charge. I'm doomed...
Well, since I confessed, feel free to do so too if you didn't allready on the other thread...

Morfy's Law - Enythink thet ken go rong willll.
Cole's Law - Thinly sliced cabbage.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2003 19:37
well lets not let a good thread goto waste... so i'm gonna post a terrible joke

How many computer journalists does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Five; One to write a review of all the existing light bulbs so you can decide which one to buy, another one to write a remarkably similar one in another magazine the next month, a third to have a big one come out on glossy paper two months later that is by then completely out of date, a fourth to hint in his/her column that a completely new and updated bulb is coming out, and the fifth to report a rumor that that new bulb is shipping with a virus.

To Survive You Must Evolve... This Time Van Will Not Escape His Fate!
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2003 19:44
lol

"The trouble with the French is that they have no word for 'entreprenuer'" - Pres. George W Bush

Please visit http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk
Killswitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2003 19:59
I can't believe it I was so looking forward to that new lightbulb nad it's shipping with a virus! Urgh!

~I see one problem with your reasoning: The fact is that is a chicken~
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2003 20:11
argh that nad typo annoys me too

"The trouble with the French is that they have no word for 'entreprenuer'" - Pres. George W Bush

Please visit http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2003 20:30
well i heard that the reviewer is a true blue Bayonet fan, and the new Lightbulb is one of the new R-Series ... for the R63 socket
almost 120watt light from only 24watts, philips certainly have this lighbulb thing down to a tee now

To Survive You Must Evolve... This Time Van Will Not Escape His Fate!
TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2003 21:30 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2003 21:33
haha. Was journalist #2 necessary? This joke is terrible.
hey, quick question: Can I add scanlines to the alienware logo as an effect? The intro is slow, so scanlines would really help.

Morfy's Law - Enythink thet ken go rong willll.
Cole's Law - Thinly sliced cabbage.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 18:42:32
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 18:42:32