Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

PureGDK / File Handling in PureGDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2012 04:43
I'm currently converting my DarkGDK project over to PureGDK and I'm struggling to find any file handling function such as dbPathExist, dbFileOpen, dbWriteString, etc

Does PureGDK not support the file handling part of DBPro or have I done something wrong?

I just want to know if I need to look at an alternate file handling system or whether I'm missing something obvious.

Similarly there doesn't seem to be a dbTimer function either although I guess I can easily use time.h in c++ to get the system time so that's less of a problem.

Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks.
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2012 12:07 Edited at: 4th Mar 2012 12:08
There are no file handling system in PGDK. You will have to use something else, as most programming languages offer some degree of file handling 'out of box'. PGDK is mainly a graphics/audio engine with little to no overlapping commands with the host language.

ACER Aspire 5920G: Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, Windows Vista Ultimate SP1, PureBasic 4.60 + PureGDK 2.0
Richaldo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2012 15:13
Hi Olby,

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I thought that may be the case, I'll write some simple c++ file handling functions instead. I don't need anything too complex so it shouldnt take too long to convert.

Other differences include no dbTimer or dbRandomise, but like you say, it makes sense that these type of things are handled in the host language anyway.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 10:40:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 10:40:46