Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2012 09:09 Edited at: 7th Mar 2012 09:10
Hi guys,

I accelerated the development of this product for the free blackberry playbook offer, now that version 1.0.1.3 has been sent to them and is just waiting on their approval if it comes through I thought I'd announce it here.

T.A.B. HD Lite (Tap A Block) is a simple casual game, where the player has to match up to 64 separate colour names to an array of 10 blocks. If you hit the right block you get how ever many seconds remain on the clock, if you allow the clock to hit zero in challenge mode then you lose a life. For ever 100 guesses you make you get a new life. As the clock cycles 1/10th of a second is lost to the clock, cycling down to just 2.5 seconds. In addition to this, more colours appear as the game goes on. So in the 64 colour challenge mode you start off with a mere 32 colours, by the time the clock has cycled down to 15 seconds you will have 48 colours to deal with, and once you've hit the floor of 2.5 seconds you'll have to cope with a very short time limit, limited points and a vast array of colours many of which are often very subtle and difficult to work out. There is also a far easier 16 colour mode, and a medium 32 colour mode. In the Marathon mode you get all colours right off the bat, but you only have 15 seconds on the clock which doesn't cycle down, and if it hits zero the only penalty is that if you guess right you won't get any points. This allows you to really slow down for the hard choices, and you can go on virtually forever if you wish too. You also get 10 lives.

So while the game's concept is very simple, it's ruleset and execution makes the game more engaging.

In addition to this the game features an animated splash screen, as well as an animated and interactive menu set. It saves and sorts scores or settings, projects help to the user with the extra space a tablet interface provides, has it's interactive option buttons allow you to cycle songs, and disable sounds.

This will eventually go on to become my first DarkPRINCPLES 2.0 game example aimed at teaching users how to use App Game Kit. Before I do that however I'm going to attempt to release the game to various app markets as a game in it's own right.

T.A.B. Lite HD will be FREE on any app store. As you can imagine T.A.B HD Deluxe will appear later in the year with a variety of extra game modes, puzzles and features.

Screenshot:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2012 13:55
Looks great Dan! Nice work

I particularly like the menu animations, really slick!

Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 08:50
I just received an approved notification from Blackberry, this game will be on their store system within the next 48 hours.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 21:43:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 21:43:10