Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Database Connections to mySQL?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it possible to use DB to connect to an external mySQL database?

I have datasets that are, um, very large and writing everything into a text file would take forever and a day and not to mention the fact that the data changes minute by minute.

Thanks...
Dave
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2003 09:41
Someone made a SQL plugin for DB. No clue who it was though.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2003 11:27 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2003 11:28
No, I've not idea either...

I would recommend using the SQLite plug-in - whilst you get all the data (for each row) in one go (and so have to do a bit of searching/editing/whatever), you dont have to worry about connections, whether the database is already present etc.

Avatar & Logo by Indi. Insert witty comment here...
MaxRISC
Years of Service
User Offline
Ahhh Yes I was perusing the new Codebase section and I happened upon some DLLs for SQL to accomplish doing this. They seemed quite interesting enough and I will have to give them a try later this evening.

Basically I need to be able to sort records and execute SQL queries on this data although globbing it will give me a feel for how DB reacts with the connections it would be pointless to have to write REGEXP to get it to work.

I will keep you all informed on how this turns out and I will upload my code and examples to Codebase should I get it to work.

Now I just need to figure out how to force the renderer to hardware mode so I can run super high resolution without the grainy artifacts.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 07:46:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 07:46:48