Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Problems with T1 on Galaxy S2 and Samsung Note

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

Just thought I'd note it here that I've discovered a few problems with the S2 and the Note while using T1.

1) There seems to be a problem with writing files to the SD card - OpenToWrite() and OpenToRead() don't seem to work, but if I try to be clever and use OpenToWrite(GetWritePath()+"myfile.txt") it says I must use a relative path.

2) StopSound() seems to make the app crash on these platforms.

Neil
basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2012 03:27
I have samsung galaxy and don't experience those problems.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 3rd Apr 2012 10:20 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2012 10:21
basjak, SI or SII? this is about SII and NOTE

Can you send me some sample code? I no longer use SDHC cards nor any memory cards but glad to test the stopsound issue...

I have AppGameKit full licence, just been waiting for 107 before I begin playing with it...

EDIT

ElNeil79, Just noticed you are a new user, so welcome to the forums

basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2012 02:56 Edited at: 4th Apr 2012 03:56
@ mr valentine: download the example code.

@ ElNeil79: relative file path means all read and write files have relative location starts from media folder.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ElNeil79
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the Welcome mrValentine,

I found out the sound problem in the end, for some reason calling stopSound() on a sound that isn't playing causes it to freeze on the S2 and Note. Can be avoided by checking whether the sound is already playing before attempting to stop it (I should have been doing this anyway - naughty naughty).

With regard to the problems with the relative path, it *seems*, although I'm not sure, that the S2's save location is on the SD card (I checked this by printing the string returned by getWritePath() ), so if there is no SD card present it fail.

It also seems that the Note uses "USB storage" instead of SD storage, as can be seen from the device storage settings, and perhaps AppGameKit doesn't know how to behave in this situation.

Might just be a problem with the "catch-all" way AppGameKit works, so for now I just put a check in my code so that hiscores aren't saved if a valid path cannot be found.

Thanks for the responses guys.

Neil

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 17:10:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 17:10:34