Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / DBPro: Get Out Alive (Title WIP)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2012 09:59
That logo at the moment is rather hard to read and the bevel (on the splats at least) is pretty overdone.

Perhaps something more along the lines of the logo being in a nice graffiti style on a brick wall background? It seems like another example of what your plugin would help achieve and maybe a little more imaginative than just more blood?

Or maybe just the text 'Dark UV' in white but with a large paint stripe drawn across it horizontally with the paint looking still wet and dripping with the paint brush at the end?

Just a couple of quick ideas.

Previously TEH_CODERER.
DigitalFury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2012 20:31
@Andrew_Neale - The bricks is a good idea. I might do that so I can scatter different decals on the wall. I realize the blood is overdone but mainly this plugin has been used for my blood for my game. I wanted the Dark UV to blend in with the blood if possible. I could change the color so it pops a bit more. Also, the bevel is a bit much I can smooth it out so it looks right when I put it on a brick wall.

Thanks,

DigitalFury

DigitalFury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2012 23:45 Edited at: 8th Sep 2012 03:04
I made a bunch of changes. Anything else that I need to change in the logo? Any suggestions like what to do with the text?

Edit: By the way the plugin is coming out soon. I just need to work on an example using a shader and the main example. After that I submit it to TGC and we will see where things go from there.

Edit: I contacted TGC. -Crosses Fingers-

Thanks,

DigitalFury

Attachments

Login to view attachments
DigitalFury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2012 06:11 Edited at: 16th Sep 2012 20:22
Help for Free Plugins

This project is huge and I need a lot of help. I am looking for team members and for temp help.

If I can get some help with the game I will give out plugins, resources, knowledge (teaching), and code for free.

I am looking for programmers, artists, modelers, shader developers, or musicians.

Who I am looking for also:
- Game Designer: In charge of designing the world. Will be working with editors to position, rotate, scale, and sculpt the world that the players will interact with. This also includes physics objects and placing weapons.
- Editor Programmer: In charge of working on the editor that the Game Designer will work on. (This editor has a prototype already and a lot of code. I can work with the Editor programmer to develop a solid editor)
- Graphic Artist: Will design the artwork for the websites.
- Story Board/Writer: Work on the sequence of events. It doesn't have to be all drawn out but a sequence of events has to be laid out. Can work together with the graphic artist to design sketches. He is also in charge of writing most of the bulk of the story. Have to make sure the rules are adhered to the world we are developing and follows some basic guidelines.
- General Programmer: Works on the plugins and classes that will be used by the game. (I have finished a bunch of plugins but if there are new ones that would be useful I'd need someone like you.)
- Game Programmer: Works the concepts directly relating to gameplay. This is the character controller, cameras, AI, enemies, guns, animations, physics, interactions, and bringing it all together.
- Cut Scene Editor/Programmer: In charge of using a special editor for Cut Scenes. This editor includes BVH animation, voice and head animation, and interactivity with the world around him. (Voice + Head Animation WIP. BVH animation is in the prototype stage.)
- Character Modeler/Rigger: This person is in charge of rigging the characters heads to have animation so they can talk. This can also be some specialty animations that can't be done with BVH Data.
- Voice Actors: Mainly will record their lines and use BVH tracking software called Brekel Kinect Pro Face and Brekel Kinect for cut scenes. (Won't be needed till later in the project)

Team Request: Apply Here

If I plugin is due to release you will get it when it releases.

Here is a list of the plugins I have:

Dynamic Resources: Released
I made a resources plugin to manage your resources! You can easily name and find the next available index. There are 260 commands in this plugin. Uses Lua! It is very useful for anyone who needs resource management! I also will add-on wrapped DBP commands in an OOP form.
Dynamic Resources

Performance and Timing: Released
I created two plugins. One is a timing plugin for getting back really accurate time in Mili-Seconds, Seconds, Minutes, Hours, and Days. You can also set a factor to set a 24 hour day to happen in only 2 hours of game play. The other plugin for Game Performance will increase your performance at it's maximum. It does this by returning the time back to the CPU that the application isn't using. You can also create loops at different rates. I also plan on releasing an addon called Tasks. A task can be run for a certain duration or a certain amount of cycles/loops (like a for loop).

Short version of what it can do:
- Returns the Maximum CPU time back to the CPU so you can get it to run close to 0 for usage.
- Run certain sections of code at a certain rate. (LPS = Loops Per Second) Works great for Do Loop and For Loops that only need to be updated so often.
- Works great for multi-player video games! Control how fast you send packets to the server/to the clients.
- Replaces the sync which doesn't account for performance! To run at 30 FPS just run at 30 * 3 (90) LPS
Performance and Timing Thread Here

File Search: Released
This plugin will search threw a directory and find all the files and folders. You can save/load your search and access your data from the plugin. You can also Read/Write to files. There are also some commands for parsing file paths.
File Search Thread Here

Dark UV: Preorder
The end result of this plugin is a new decal system that draws directly to the object. There will be a shader that which will have a decal channel for drawing decals. This way you can clear them out.

Multi-threading: WIP (Current) It still has a long way to go before being thread safe. I'm working on figuring out which is possible and what is not. I may not be able to do much other then math at this point. I'm trying to see if I can load two objects at one time or do anything else cool with the threads. I just learned that this is possible.

Resource Management: WIP This is a new plugin that will allow you to pack resources into one file and extract them. I'm working on making it encrypted too. I haven't started this plugin yet but will soon.

BVH: WIP The BVH plugin allows you to parse BVH files and retrieve the data and play it back. I will also make an editor for selecting the bone/limb relations. The BVH animation can be applied to any object. I will contact Wolf to see if he will help me convert the BVH data to his animation format so it can be played using Advanced Animation.

Paser: WIP Parse strings with ease. Mid command from delimiter to delimiter. Delimiter to delimiter + size. Find command. Parse string - Can be a file or something really long that is broken up into many parts. You can get each part using some commands.

Input: WIP This is a multi-threaded event driven input system. You press a key and it will call a function for that key. It is also multi-threaded so it won't slow down your game.

and many more.

Other things can include having access to code and resources that will be used in the game. We can share resources, code, and ideas. I have a ton more to offer. I can also offer help with certain things as well. I know C++, VB.Net, Dark Basic Pro, and game maker if you want to learn something. I figure if you help me out I can teach you anything I know, give you free plugins, resources, and code.

If you help enough I will design you a logo to post in the game!

Green Gandalf is helping with a blood shader. I made him this logo:

Green Gandalf will be featured in the beginning and credits of the game! I also am giving him all my plugins for free for his help!

I figure it would be good to get an incentive for helping

DigitalFury

Attachments

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2012 02:00 Edited at: 17th Sep 2012 05:05
@DigitalFury
Perhaps it's time to scale down your expectations for this game. That's a ton of things to do, and would require quite a team to have any hope of completing that list of features. I'm not saying you need to give up on the game, I'm just saying that proper fluid physics for blood and other effects shouldn't be prioritized over the character controller and the weapon handling(the two aspects of gameplay that the player interacts with over 90% of the time).

EDIT: major typo

DigitalFury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2012 07:16 Edited at: 16th Sep 2012 20:20
@Dar13 - I guess. Right now i'm working on the stuff that the user won't even see. Most of it is frameworks but is pretty important for the game. Now i'm sure it would be a good idea to prioritize but I figured I'd start from the ground up. I only have a few more plugins to make that are going to be used heavily in the game. Once they are completed I'm going to move on to finishing the blood.

I took a break from the blood because I realized I'd have to make a solid solution for painting blood on walls. I just finished that. I am planning on testing it with a collision system like sparkies collision. This way I can get the information about the collision such as the polygon hit and draw it to the wall properly. You've probably seen the example that turned out badly...hence why the re-write was necessary.

I realized my game is a lot of features, a lot of details, and a lot of level design and a ton of programming but I'm determined to make this a good solid game. I don't really want to scale it down...which is good for working on one part at a time. Instead i'm prioritizing by working on certain things first like the plugins which will be used in the game.

This game i'm pouring a lot of time and energy into. I mainly want to use what I learn to develop plugins that other people can use. As I get further into development with this game I want to release more plugins and tools that can make the process easier. By the time I finish this game I want a whole suite of tools and plugins which has a name btw: Game Template.

I am going to be working on various editors such as a cut scene editor which with use BVH animation.

Call me crazy that I'm doing this alone :p but I feel I can accomplish this if I keep working at it. With or without a team.

Edit: Multi-Threading is working so far. I just need to get the performance part of it working. After that I can add all the wrapped DBP commands and test them to make sure that they can be used in multi-threading.

DigitalFury

gwheycs62egydws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2012 01:47
@Digtitalfury

I'm just dropping a note

I've been living off the grid the last 4 weeks

I'm glad to know there is progress being made

My old E-mail address is no more

My new one is below this message @rocketmai.com

Or some reason my new E-mail address did not take with logging into TGC

to move side ways - is to move forward
Since a Strait line gets thin fast
DigitalFury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2012 04:06
@Resourceful - Sent you updates for the performance plugin via your rocket mail account. I will send more updates for all the plugins soon. I have a few more things to add. I'm sure u'll like them.

Updates

I'm creating something new called a Task. A task can be looped forever, looped a certain amount of times, or run for a certain duration(time). The task can be multi-threaded as well. Very flexible. The multi-threaded tasks will be in my multi-threading plugin that I plan on releasing very soon.

DigitalFury

DigitalFury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2012 08:00 Edited at: 18th Sep 2012 08:02
Green Gandalf made a wicked blood shader for my game.

Here is a screenshot:

Reason I had him make a shader is for control over my materials. There is a blood channel to store the blood. There is a flashlight. Everything is normal mapped and has settings for controlling different aspects of the material.

That has earned Green Gandalf all my plugins and to display a logo on my video game.

Logo:

More updates to come!

DigitalFury

Attachments

DigitalFury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2012 08:33
Updates: Multi-Threading

I just finished part 1 of the multi-threading plugin. I can create Multi-Threaded tasks that are performance controlled so they don't run as fast as they can. You can specify an LPS just like my performance plugin.

You can create a thread based off of any function with a few rules:
- You can not load media
- You use only variables defined in the function. You don't used global variables unless protected by a mutex.

If you stick to those rules it won't crash. I will add mutexes next and then I will wrap most of the DBP commands so that specific command will run on a new thread.

This is a very nifty plugin similar to the performance plugin.

DigitalFury

DigitalFury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2012 23:51
Updates

With new plugin releases coming soon I'm updating all the plugins. I updated the performance, timing, and file search plugins. I will be releasing the demos on their pages soon. Expect to see new commands for each of them in this new release.

I also added a new way to distribute the plugins. Everyone will have access to online folders that will contain the plugins. You just login and have access to new updates as soon as I release them.

I've been a bit busy but during that time I managed to finish the new multi-threading plugin which I plan on releasing today. I also am 90% done with the Multi-Keyed Event Driven and Multi-Threaded Input System. That I should release as early as today from a few days from now.

I even have a bunch of new ideas for other plugins that will greatly help development.

Some of those ideas include an event driven system. Like for instance like in FPS creator you have a gun, offsets, sounds, muzzle flashes, and smoke. I will make a system to handle all that automatically so you just provide offsets. The input will be handled automatically as well just like FPS creator.

Another idea is a resource packer which will combine all resources into a nice file called a world file. Now this file will be unpacked using multi-threading which means it can unpack it at a minimum rate of x30 to just loading the media without multi-threading.

I am also working on a BVH parser and maybe sometime in the future a .x parser for animation.

The parser plugin should be released very soon. Just need to test it. I will need the communities input on this plugin as I need to add a lot more commands.

The Dark UV plugin is still being tested as it doesn't work for certain UV data formats.

I am also working on a Time Travel plugin which will make it easy to record events and update the scene based on those events. This way you can time travel through the events. (The events are determined by a built in AI decision engine) I have no idea how long this plugin/project will take as time travel and making my own AI decision engine isn't easy but should be a really cool addition.

DigitalFury

DigitalFury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2012 02:55 Edited at: 1st Oct 2012 02:55

Preorder: Coming soon

Plugins Released:
- Game Performance
- Time
- File Search
- Dynamic Resources

Plugins included with preorder:

Will be released within the week:
- Multi-Threading with Querying Resources on another thread
- Multi Key Input System: Event Driven, Multi-Threaded, and multiple input. (Can press two keys at once)

To be released later:
- Parser plugin
- Updates for all the plugins. (Some have already been updated)
- Project Additions: Showing how they plugins work together
- Possibly Others?

I will also take requests for plugin additions!

What do people think about this? How much should it cost for the first release? What would you like to see added on to this template?

Thanks,

DigitalFury

Attachments

BlueKlayman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2012 10:47
I am really liking the fog, it gives is a very Silent Hill feel. It looks amazing so far, keep up the good work.

DigitalFury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2012 16:54
@BlueKlayman - Thanks. Sorry things are progressing so slowly. I've been busy working on the code you won't see but is crucial for a game this size.

I will be porting over to Dark GDK 2 soon. I will be able to do more in that including NavMeshs, More advanced AI, and multi-threading. I will have to port some plugins over but so be it.

DigitalFury

DigitalFury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2012 00:55 Edited at: 8th Oct 2012 00:59
Updates

I finally bought Dark GDK 2.0 and pure basic 4 so I'm going to try them out sometime this week.

I am going to make some updates to the demo version of my plugins and re-release them all.

I made a promotional logo and it took a few days to put together and get everything just right. Check out the logo and let me know what I should change with it.

Here is the logo:

Edit: I just noticed that I got a award to my user name. DBP Tool Maker lol I wonder what specifically for.

DigitalFury

Attachments

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 8th Oct 2012 02:38 Edited at: 8th Oct 2012 02:38
Here it is... umm increase the opacity of the Get Out Alive logo in that pic and its a good one!

But how does it relate to the plug-ins?

EDIT

And congrats with the new status...

DigitalFury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2012 02:57 Edited at: 8th Oct 2012 07:30
The post is a few posts up and the promo logo is for kickstarter and my new logo. I can change the opacity of the logo.

Fixed:

Thanks. I was surprised by the status.

DigitalFury

Attachments

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2012 03:18 Edited at: 8th Oct 2012 03:19
http://digitalfury.wix.com/plugins

I keep warning people about that site...

I have flash disabled most of the time...

Also the site is not very professional and I have to slide down aaaaaa lot...

Maybe just go use a wordpress.com site might be better? or I can set you up with one for free if you like... see here...

DigitalFury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2012 03:30 Edited at: 8th Oct 2012 07:30
@MrValentine - www.wix.com is now going to HTML5. I can convert my website to that for people who don't have flash. I realize flash is dying soon.

Edit: Wow! Html website have changed a lot. I might try that out. I thought flash was going to be the future but everyone says HTML 5 will be.

What do you mean you have to slide down a lot? In the text boxes?

Edit: Quick update to my logo at the bottom of this post. I might change it and improve it when I have more time. Are there any changes I could make to it?

DigitalFury

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2012 04:57
Quote: "What do you mean you have to slide down a lot? In the text boxes?"

Yup

Quote: "Quick update to my logo at the bottom of this post. I might change it and improve it when I have more time. Are there any changes I could make to it?"

looks too fake... dim down the white area opacity maybe... [maybe edge off the emboss too...]

DigitalFury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2012 07:32
@MrValentine - I changed the logo. I used an unaltered version. I may also update the promo with it because I think it looks the best. I might just need to change the lighting with it. Is the lighting fine or do I need to make it brighter? Any other changes?

Thanks,

DigitalFury

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2012 13:41
Quote: "looks too fake... dim down the white area opacity maybe... [maybe edge off the emboss too...]
"

I said this about the new logo already ^^

DarkDISCUSSION
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 06:26
I accidentally mistook your image as a terrain heightmap and tried to load it! LOL!

DigitalFury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 09:08 Edited at: 10th Oct 2012 06:58
Lol fog != heightmap.

Edit: And yes I will fix my logo. lol I've been busy.

Digitalfury

DigitalFury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 06:57
Something big is coming..........

DigitalFury

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 07:04
The suspense is killing me... [saving you from triple posting lol]

DigitalFury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 07:37 Edited at: 10th Oct 2012 07:38
Exactly. lol

Basically. I'm working on putting a team together. I'm prototyping in Dark GDK and trying to port over to leadwerks. I will be trying to get funding for the big toys like D.M.M. and Auto-Desks AI and more!

Edit: I'm also working on a website and it is looking really good. I will post when I'm finished with it!

DigitalFury

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 08:50
D.M.M.

umm I am a bit confused what is Get OUT Alive XD

DigitalFury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 09:56
D.M.M = Digital Molecular Matter. A game title :p The point behind it is you always have some place, some where, some city, some country you are trying to escape from and get out alive (survive). It seems there is no escape from the zombie apoc. but there actually is a resolution in game 3-4 who knows how far I will take it :p

DigitalFury

DigitalFury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2012 01:24 Edited at: 31st Oct 2012 01:25
Sorry guys I've been so busy. I'm getting really involved at my school. I'm giving a presentation on game development and the future of game development. I'm also teaching a few students there.

I want to make sure that I focus on school cuz I'm taking assembler which is one hell of a class. Really freaking hard compared to most classes and it eats up 80% of my study time.

I do plan on finishing the multi-keyed input system I was working on. I ran into a bug and haven't looked at it since because of school.

I also am building a team by recruiting people from school. I am also planning on starting a kickstarter so you should see waayyyy more progress then I've been cranking out. Maybe a billion more plugins who knows.

In the spirit of the sale season I will have like a sale on all my plugins and release a few more in that pack. I also will try to add a bunch of extra goodies and source code from some of my stuff. I plan on releasing that before Christmas.

DigitalFury

DigitalFury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2012 20:30 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2012 05:32
For all you who have been following me. I have not disappeared forever or stopped development completely.

This is the first time I had little to no free time with the hard college classes I just finished.

I will continue with my projects in DBP and work even harder at them. I took discrete math so I will be working on a lot of optimizations on my performance code, arrays, searching, index methods, breath first search, depth first search, Dijkstra Algorithm, and many other things for optimizing. I'm also going to put a lot of predictive logic behind my plugins how based on how the user uses them. Most of my plugins are going to store and encrypted profiling of what is done the most and optimize it and suggest optimization would be a good idea with this. Yes, that means my plugins will be smarter and help you code for maxing out performance and optimization. I am going to re-write some basic Dark Basic Pro commands that tend to be fairly slow along with making some new ones I came up with for optimizing arrays, searches, and indexing. I also am going to be adding predictive algorithms with my performance so it automatically calculates what the performance cap should be at. It will keep min iterations in mind and try to minimize it as much as possible.

This will open new doors with this language and possibly optimize a game enough to run on very low level machines that don't have that much processing power.

I'm rewriting all my plugins with these optimizations in mind and trying to offload as much to c++ to make it faster and make my plugins as independent as possible.

The future is coming are you ready for it?

Kevin

Attachments

DigitalFury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2012 02:33 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2012 05:32
I've thought about a couple new things and I want to know what the community thinks.

- Standard WYSIWUG Editor for DBP (Interpreted like real time coding or just a standard EXE?)
- Standard Set of Plugins from the Forums (Via Install Package or Links)
- Standard Set of Plugins (That I make: Thought of 200 new possible commands)
- Shaders now in plugins also can work together. (Basically can pass in light positions and update them in real-time in the editor with optimization for only 7-12 shader light limit)
- Get people together to work on re-writing shaders to allow for the max amount of lights so they can become standardized.
- Optimize Plugins to work though arrays, loops, and various tasks as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Standard GUI plugin to adapt all types of GUI. (Custom, 2D GUI Creator, Sprites, Advanced Sprites, ext)
- Flexible Input Plugin: Multi-Keyed Input, Multi-Threaded, Optimized for performance, Multiple Input Devices, Quick Assigning new controllers/input devices.
- Event Driven Plugin Framework

Early Screenshots of Editor: (I just started the thing yesterday)

Got Grid, Gadget, Water, and Top Down Camera with Zoom and Pan so far.

Let me know what you guys think

DigitalFury

Attachments

xCatalyst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2012 19:14
Hey, you've made quite a lot of progress on this project. Everything looks great! I took the time to create you a logo, which you can use at your disposal. If you need anything changed on it, let me know, or if you need anything else made.

DigitalFury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2012 23:32 Edited at: 24th Dec 2012 23:55
Wow, text is apart of what you are communicating. (I know branding and logo theory). The blood stain is amazing. I just need to find a font that fits close to my font. I am working on what I want my game to communicate which will go into this logo.

Concepts to link abstractly though a logo:
- Survival (Hand, Keep coming, Won't stay down. Unending and relentless.)
- Dark (Black colors)
- Bloody (Is ok to be literal)
- Fog (Maybe to literal)

Check out what I have so far (Dont like my sub logo yet):

I love the blood splotch you have. I need to find a good solid text. I like the text I came up with but it isn't quite it yet. If you keep the blood splotch and come up with good text it could be a solid sub logo or I can upload just my text plainly. Another thing to consider is the blood splotch. There are some thicker parts that need to be more thin along the top area. It needs to look more like a dry worn forgotten blood stay or fresh thick bloody. Dry would communicate after the fact. Bloody would make it seem like it is never ending. I'd start with thick and bloody and fresh first.

Let me know what you want in credits. I'll allow a picture and text even. Let me know and thanks a ton

Thanks for the support you guys should see some real progress very soon. (Sorry so much prototyping behind the scenes)

DigitalFury

Attachments

DigitalFury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2012 09:51 Edited at: 26th Dec 2012 20:52
I figure I'd post my progress more frequently with all the boring details included. XD

Today I worked out the theory of optimizing my game. The concepts are quite sound. I calculated using cost analysis the max size of the world/level and the best size of the world/level.

I also worked on more cost analysis based on optimization and minimization of iterations for object look-up in real-time so you know what objects are around you. I am also going to re-write a few commands.

Some commands include:
- Object on Screen (Even if a pixel has an object - Just Theory)
- Closest Object to Point
- Objects within group
- and many more.

The exclude object command (which is on my list to re-write...if possible) use smartly and my quick object look-up code should make it easy to hide whole objects you completely can't see and show them when you can see them or un-exclude them at the right time.

Worked on the editor and found a gizmo plugin I could use. I also worked more on my gadget (picture of it on my last editor post). I added some side selections up, down, right, left of that side. I am going to finish the edge selection and then add vertices next.

I also started the document for my AI theory on real human behavior in video games.

Neuro Fuzzy and I are starting to work on some math plugin for DBP. Should be awesome!

I also got a modeler on-board to make a set of standard objects. The only problem is I have to pay this modeler so I may start a mini Kick-Starter or just host my own fund raising to pay for nice models. If someone donated so much I'd give them a free copy of the editor.

I am also working on asking Green Gandalf if he wants to work on a shader plugin that is completely automatic. The lighting commands would be global across all shaders.

News

Wondering what happened to the game template? That project is being delayed. I want to re-write my plugin collection right and release it via TGC.

DigitalFury

DigitalFury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2012 02:41
I'm working on a standard editor for DBP. I am going to make a website and post a thread here soon for support. It is a great under taking and I need help from the community to finish it or we won't have a standard editor for DBP because of what it resources takes to complete it.

Today I've been working on the proposal, the details about the editor, and a video to rally support. Hopefully the community will support me in this project as it is something I can do alone.

If the first release of the editor gets finished people can expect to save a good 50% of the time it takes to design a video game. A standard video game editor has been long overdue.

I will release the website, thread, and video on the details of this editor.

What does everyone think about an editor?

DigitalFury

gwheycs62egydws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2012 06:06 Edited at: 28th Dec 2012 06:08
@DigitalFury

with all the addition that have come the TGC
a video game editor is needed

not just for the person creating a game but also for players
to keep a game interesting and long living

the orginal doom had such and a few other games

a simple layout with many option's for keeping fresh and expandable

Resourceful

to move side ways - is to move forward
Since a Strait line gets thin fast
DigitalFury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2012 08:16
@Resourceful - I will be releasing a full kick-starter campaign. I'm pooling a lot of time into this campaign, a website, design documents, images, videos, and the prototype. I also know someone who did a kick-starter so it should help me greatly.

I also am getting involved anyone who can help the project. It has been a secret project I just couldn't do alone.

The editor and the concepts have been developed for quite some time now. I know basically everything I want to go into this editor. You guys will just have to wait for the kick-starter release .

Just know the amount of effort in analysis of existing editors, ideas, concepts, and theory has been immense. It has been around a half year of development and a lot longer working on the idea and features.

There are some new features that should set this editor apart from the rest that I developed and I will explain in my design documents.

You guys will see full exposure instead of just a few images here and there and a fully working demo sometime soon.

Cheers,

DigitalFury

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 05:46:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 05:46:26