Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / [LOCKED] Looking for a team

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Im looking for a team to start making games, or if one is alrdy making them i would like to join them. I am a writer and designer looking to start designing and building games to make a portfolio. Im eager to learn and very creative. I have SOME knowledge of mapping but it isnt my strongest trait. please let me know and im excited to start working!
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
I think you will find it impossible to work with a team as a writer, designer. The positions are usually 3D modeller, 2D artist, musician, and programmer. And to get those positions you have to post some of your completed work.

Everyone is a writer, designer on here... or should be to make games.

zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2012 03:56
Team requests like these are against the rules anyway and this thread will probably be locked. Nothing against you; you are new and you don't know better, but even in the real world, you are going to have something prepared and show some of the work before anyone is going to jump in or hire you. Portfolios and resumes are a must. Here, you just gotta have something to show that you are serious.

Jump into the community and get a feel for programming or art or some other quasi-tangible aspect of game design. Program a small demo showing off your idea that you and others can improve on. Sometimes, guys in the 3D chat section would make you some models if you asked nicely. Especially if you had something to show that they were going to be put into.

Check out this link: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=team_requests

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2012 13:57
Team requests

This thread is considered a team request and has been locked.
Whilst threads like this are not outlawed, they must adhere to a strict set of guidelines.

You can review the team request guidelines here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=team_requests

AUP Section 3.17 ...Moderators shall, at their discretion, determine what constitutes a violation of these terms, along with generally accepted netiquette standards, and can take action against those who violate these rules.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:37:21
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:37:21