Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / A Loveletter to Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2012 09:16
I would pay you some sort of money for a version of your Raycast engine that just has sprite and ground support. That would be AMAZING for a Mode7 style racing game (like Super Mario Kart on the SNES).

Just saying. Hit me up as a reply if you're interested!

Hi there. My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2012 12:45
This is the wrong place to post messages. Send Cliff an email or post on his thread...

It wouldn't be too hard to do something like you are suggesting. I could help if you get stuck (if Cliff is too busy).

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2012 22:31
Quote: "I would pay you some sort of money for a version of your Raycast engine that just has sprite and ground support. That would be AMAZING for a Mode7 style racing game (like Super Mario Kart on the SNES).

Just saying. Hit me up as a reply if you're interested!"

Money is always fun
And everything you nead is already in the raycaster as the floor and wall rendering is separated and its free to use as you want.
You simply have to rem out the include and setup lines inside the raycaster for the walls.
And also the line that calls for the render wall function.

But the simpliest way is that you render floors also on the wall grids and change the wall textures to trees or billboards.

Iam still struggeling with an good 3d sprite function as the current one is bad.
But keep an check on my raycaster thread and give me an helping hand on making this the best free raycaster engine for agk
Sorry that i couldt promise you so much but real life is stealing to much of my coding hours
I suggest that you post in the original raycaster thread ?
To maybe get some advice on doing wath you are after like baxslash suggested.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 07:25:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 07:25:45