Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / [DBP] - 3D to 2D sprite converter

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2012 23:05 Edited at: 21st Apr 2012 00:03
Was playing around with sprites, and realised a much easier way to make animated sprites would be to just convert an animated 3D model into an animated sprite picture. So I came up with this (badly written) little bit of code to do this:

Just to show you what i mean, here's the stock zombie 'attack' model as a sprite image:

(Advanced2D Plugin used)

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 26th May 2012 10:51
I got a bitmap does not exsit at line 19 error,when it trys to create the bitmap,it fails.

my signature keeps being erased by a mod So this is my new signature.
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 30th May 2012 02:58 Edited at: 30th May 2012 06:10
I fixed this with a texture and showing how to use what frame number you wish,it works,thanks.

And this is how I am playing my sprites for new people,not to high jack this thread,I am not,just showing what you can do with this code given.

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 31st May 2012 00:37
Ok, tripple post,lol,sorry guys

Here is the updated code,just replace your model with mine and texture with mine then your ready to go,it even ask's you what frame numbers to use in the begining of the code,I also changed the movment keys and also a zoom with the mousez.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:36:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:36:11