Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / [LOCKED] World explorer,my best model yet,new mesh

Author
User Banned
Posted: 28th Apr 2012 06:41 Edited at: 28th Apr 2012 06:47
Ok,so,I started a new mesh with real time ears and eyes and well,everything.I took a long time to do,and I am still working out the normals and loops. but here is my first model from it,and the uvs are almost perfect.

my signature keeps being erased by a mod So this is my new signature.
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2012 17:00
Can we see the mesh without the texture? I'm not a big fan of the texture, anyway. But as far as I can see, It's a good mesh!

http://www.talenthouse.com/travisgatlin
You can find my latest work here. Please comment on my work and tell me what you think!
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
The arm goes a bit thin, and then thick where the sleeves are, but a nice model.

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 29th Apr 2012 00:04
Quote: "Can we see the mesh without the texture? I'm not a big fan of the texture, anyway. But as far as I can see, It's a good mesh!"

I will show some pictures of the model tomorrow,As for the texture,its just a dummy texture job just to see how the textures are layed out.thanks for the comment.

Quote: "The arm goes a bit thin, and then thick where the sleeves are, but a nice model."

Its the rigging to the bones that do this,its just my rig set up,I will show a picture of the arms tomorrow,Thank you for the comments.

New World Order
Years of Service
User Offline
hey man, that's a pretty nice model! agreed on the arm-too-thin-at-joint issue, and also the leg has a slightly weird bend just below the knee, but I guess that's due to rigging, too.
About the texture/uv-layout. maybe you could also post the UV-layout? Now, this might be an issue with the texture-image, but you might want to take anither look at the front and rear of the boots. It looks like there's quite a bit of horizontal distortion going on in those parts (you can see rows of pixels being stretched horizontally, esp. in the back). The rest of the UV mapping looks really good!
Looking forward to the final texture (and perhaps animations? )!
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 29th Apr 2012 13:38
@New World Order

Thank you, yea,the boots are not very well mapped yet,the rest of him is but I cant figure out what textures to use as he is a modern guy exlorer,lol. '

I kind of messed up with his vest,it should have been a jacket instead so my ideas for him are gone,so I started a new guy from the same mesh and this one is a lot better for a exlorer,like indiana jones type guy.

Thanks for looking.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Its the rigging to the bones that do this,its just my rig set up,I will show a picture of the arms tomorrow,Thank you for the comments."

I take it this is your default T-pose rig Dan, you really shouldn't be getting any distortion of the mesh till you move it, unless your forcing the mesh to fit your rig rather than making the rig fit the mesh.
I have only one real crit and its more a personal opinion but I cant stand that mirroring of the texture, its only a little more work to unwrap those uv's so you dont get this.
Nice work so far.

Awesome! Its one of those threads.
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 29th Apr 2012 22:51
Quote: "I have only one real crit and its more a personal opinion but I cant stand that mirroring of the texture, its only a little more work to unwrap those uv's so you dont get this."

Yea,most of the uv map is mirrored,I think I will work on this issue,I think out of everything,uv mapping is the hardest thing so far still.

Even though I am geeting prety good at it,I still lack at uv unwrapping.

Thank you for your good comments

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2012 18:25
Abusive/Unlawful Content

This thread breaks the rules set out in section 3.1 of the Acceptable Usage policy. Please refer to section 3.1 of the Acceptable Usage Policy for full details:

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?gf=aup#forum

AUP Section 3.17 ...Moderators shall, at their discretion, determine what constitutes a violation of these terms, along with generally accepted netiquette standards, and can take action against those who violate these rules.

If you contributed to the reason for locking, you may now find yourself on moderation, or in extreme cases a ban.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:23:28
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:23:28