Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [WIP] Project : SPACE

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2012 21:21 Edited at: 4th May 2012 23:54
Project : SPACE

Platform(s): AGK

Release Date: TBA

Technology used:
App Game Kit
Blender
Gimp

~Game Goals~
- Fast Paced Single Player Action
- Challenging puzzles and boss battles
- Star ship customization
- Pick your own pilots with unique abilities

~Gameplay Overview~
Gameplay will be focused on a wave type system. The player will have the opportunity to upgrade their ships in between waves at a space station. At the space station, the player will have the option to upgrade weapons, shields, and purchase powerups for their ship. In addition, players will also get to purchase new ships they unlock. After some waves (exact number determined at random) the player will face a boss at the end of the wave. Each boss is different and will provide a new set of challenges. Also, at the end of each wave if the player destroys every ship they will get the opportunity to play in a minigame to earn more credits to purchase upgrades.

I'm looking to release a demo in a couple of months to gain some interest in this game. I'm looking to get as much feedback as I can so I can better the game and better myself as a developer. Thank you to all in advance for your comments

~Screenshots~

Main Menu Screen

Ship Select Screen

Character Select Screen

Gameplay 1

Gameplay 2

Gameplay - Inventory Screen

Gamplay - Pause Screen

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2012 18:16
Very color full

Some suggestion would probably be that you not only use waves of enemys!
Players will get bored.
You could simply add some space station like tile blocks that you some times add to the top,bottom or center off screen.

So that the user some times will have to avoid obstacles also.
Its very easy to give the illusion off passing thru parts of an space station with moving tiles towards the player.

Its only some small suggestions as i have played alot of games that only throw waves after waves of enemys against you.

Would be easier to give feedback if you have some in game play videos?
Game Warden
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2012 19:18
Thank you for the suggestions Cliff I will kind of lay out a concept of what the space station could look like and see what you think. After work today I will try to put that together.

As for the waves I haven't really got that system solidified yet and so I'm not really sure which way to go with presenting the enemies to the player. I've thought about having different solar systems that the player travels to that vary in style and color and may make it much more interesting for the player.

I'm hoping to make a video of gameplay in a couple of weeks when I have more implemented.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking good so far, Game Warden. I will keep my eye on this one. Look forward to the vid!

Game Warden
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2012 10:10
Thank you DVader Work has kept me from this project the last few days because I've gotten switched from days to nights. I do finally have the next couple of days off and hope to make some good progress here.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 17:39:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 17:39:49