Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

PureGDK / What "PureGDK rebranded as DarkGDK" means? 0 Bytes files downloaded

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2012 13:57 Edited at: 16th May 2012 13:59
Hello ,

Today I received one new message in my e-mail which tells me a new version of PureGDK beta 14 is out.
Also there is a post which says PureGDK now is Branded as DarkGDK and is RC2 not beta 14.

What this means?

And I tried to download my upgrade from my account www.puregdk.com

www.puregdk.com not longer exists and redirects to www.darkgdk.com

My old accounts working in the new website.

When I am trying to download the new version of DarkGDK not PureGDK from the new website, I receive a 0 bytes file.

What happen to PureGDK , does DarkGDK is compatible with PureGDK commands?
Does DarkGDK is same with PureGDK?

What are the differences?
What about 0 bytes files?

Thank you very much
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2012 16:02 Edited at: 16th May 2012 16:03
Fixed.

The new RC is significantly larger than last releases and I've had to update some scripts on the website to support this.

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
DarkGDK 2.0 is the re-branded version of good old PureGDK. So yes, it works as it did before and all users accounts from puregdk.com are moved to darkgdk.com. I also have the same problem with corrupt setup file.

ACER Aspire 5920G: Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, Windows Vista Ultimate SP2, PureBasic 4.60 + PureGDK 2.0
Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2012 17:09
The files now downloads correctly. I would like to ask , does the old code work with new DarkGDK? Or do we need to make a lots of changes in our source codes?

AS I see the PureGDK file sizes was about 28MB , this new is almost 92MB 3+ times larger , what new exciting goodies are included?

What are differences between RC2-commercial and RC2-beta versions?
Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2012 17:21
Quote: "DarkGDK 2.0 is the re-branded version of good old PureGDK. So yes, it works as it did before and all users accounts from puregdk.com are moved to darkgdk.com. I also have the same problem with corrupt setup file."

Yes sometimes there is a lots of traffic in the website and the download stops in the middle of the file.
If your file is less than 92MB try download it again.

I downloaded 8 times my file here until receive it complete.

Mozilla Firefox managed to download it better , my internet explorer made a lots of interrupts , sometimes is the browser incompatibility.

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "What new exciting goodies are included?"

RC2 bundles all of the required engine files previously snatched from an existing DBP installation. This new release means that you no longer have to install DBP first; this dependency has been removed.

The DirectX 9 redistributable is also bundled for Windows Vista/7 machines which do not have it preinstalled.

Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2012 18:51
Do you remember this small bug fix with enhancement about file blocks you have sent me , which wasn't able to load images from zip block files?
Does this fix included?

Also does all DarkBasic Pro , new plugins included?
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2012 19:58 Edited at: 16th May 2012 19:59
Quote: "Also does all DarkBasic Pro , new plugins included?"

Most of the popular DBP plugins have supported headers out-of-the-box. See the plugins directory for your language for a complete list of plugins which work out-of-the-box.

Dark Occlusion and Dark Dynamix will be supported out-of-the-box in the next release, as I didn't get them for testing until today.

Quote: "Do you remember this small bug fix with enhancement about file blocks you have sent me , which wasn't able to load images from zip block files?

Does this fix included?"

It should.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 17th May 2012 01:40
Mistrel - Need to update your banner

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2012 01:54 Edited at: 17th May 2012 01:54
Quote: "Mistrel - Need to update your banner"

My signature? Clear your cache. I already did.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 17th May 2012 02:13
Hahahaha nice!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 21:17:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 21:17:16