Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [Dark Dynamix] Breakable joints.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2012 05:44
In dark physics there was a feature where you could set the force at which a joint breaks. I don't see anything directly relating to that in the help files. Is there a way to test the stress on a joint and then break it manually?

"This plan is so perfect... it's retarded."
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2012 14:05
You can break it by just deleting it but I don't think that will help you. I will put in the command to set the force at which they break in the next update.

I will create a thread later which will have all the details of what will be available in the next update, I will be sure breakable joints is on it, it's a pretty simple addition so sorry I missed it before now.

Inflictive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2012 06:13
I thought of a workaround for the meantime. Basically(for a breakable fixed joint), you would it actually make it able to move around a little, but with LOTS of resistance. Then every loop you would compare the objects' positions and detect if one is near the max movement, and not basically in the center. If so break it.

But yeah, thanks for starting on an update and adding our ideas!

"This plan is so perfect... it's retarded."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 10:45:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 10:45:34