Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK 2.0 RC3 coming soon

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2012 09:39 Edited at: 25th May 2012 09:40
I'm still working on adding support for Dark Dynamix.. which has 475 commands for me to wade through.

Dark Occlusion is not supported at this time because it is not a real plugin. If you want to see this product available for DarkGDK 2.0 then please e-mail the author and ask him to release a DarkBasic Professional-compatible plugin DLL.

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2012 20:41 Edited at: 25th May 2012 20:43
Quote: "I'm still working on adding support for Dark Dynamix"

I would suggest you synchronise release of RC3 with the DarkDynamix 1.1 update which will amend the command list. Get in touch with Matty H, he'll might send you current commands before the actual update is released.

Quote: "Dark Occlusion is not supported at this time because it is not a real plugin."

That's ridiculous, I also expressed my concern that it should be released as a proper dll instead of client->server nonsense. Unfortunately the developer said he does not know how to pack it up into a full DBP plugin.

ACER Aspire 5920G: Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, Windows Vista Ultimate SP2, PureBasic 4.60 + DarkGDK 2.0
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2012 14:14
Hi Mistrel, sorry about all those commands

v1.1 currently has an extra 65 commands and there may be a few more so it might be a good idea to do v1.1. Hopefully any future updates will not be this large.

I would think it would be up to the developer of the plugin to make it available for DarkGDK 2, would save you some work. Although I guess you want to be certain all the plugins are available at this early stage for GDK 2.

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2012 20:08 Edited at: 26th May 2012 20:08
Quote: "I guess you want to be certain all the plugins are available at this early stage for GDK 2."

Most of the time it's not that big of a deal. It's only when I have to wrap a physics library that it's a major headache. And this is the third one I've done so far.

Also, your string tables don't always define the parameters and their names so I have to cross-reference every command in the help file.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
@Mistrel: I left you some offline skype messages concerning some problems (possible bugs) I have been experiencing. You seem not to be online for the last 2 days, so I thought I would post it here, so it get's reviewed before RC3.

Cheers,

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 27th May 2012 19:34
also
dbpCollision (sparky's collision) do not posses the command
SC_Start();

i tried configuring it without it and it builds just find and runs fine but there is no collison at all...

so... pls fix it.
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2012 23:07 Edited at: 29th May 2012 23:09
Any news Matt?

I haven't got a response on Skype so I will post the bugs here:

- SC_Start(); Isn't wrapped in the dgdk-dbpcollision.h file. (edit: haliop posted this before me, this is a confirmation)
- dbLoadObject is experiencing loading problems with DBO files (Tried loading it with dbLoadStaticObjects with no luck either), my debugger returns:

In your documentation it states it works only with a number of formats except DBO? Both DBP and DarkGDK 1.0 load DBO's perfectly.

- Found an error in your documentation (very small really ):

Under the command: dbKeyState you link the user to: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms645540.aspx , but that link can't be found, I believe you mean this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms927178.aspx . Could you provide us with an example of using dbKeyState, cuz the normal keystates from DBP and DarkGDK 1.0 don't seem to work. Also the ones which are defined in <windows.h> don't have any effect as well.

Cheers,

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 30th May 2012 19:45
Matt, any idea when rc3 comes out?
how long do we have to wait for this awesome product?

i cant wait !!
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 30th May 2012 21:17
dbScrollObjectTexture command dosent seem to work.
i have managed to work with it on darkGDK 1
but for some reason it dosent work now..
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 31st May 2012 15:24 Edited at: 31st May 2012 15:32
i am trying to add SC_Start to the h and cpp file
it builds right but in my main.cpp
where i call SC_Start() it sais

error C3861: 'SC_Start': identifier not found

this is how it looks like:

header file
at the first line

at the cpp file

and in the main.cpp

however it dosent work..
for some reason the compiler cause the error.

edit : got it working

2nd edit: got it working but no collision detection working yet..
guess i'll wait for the update.. this sux.
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "2nd edit: got it working but no collision detection working yet.."

You have to rebuild the engine with plugins. See here for a video with instructions:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=196868&b=22

This is also covered in the documentation.

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 1st Jun 2012 01:05
i have already done it..
and now it sais time expired..

im starting to think towards another engine leaving GDK behind.
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm working on getting RC3 out this evening.

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "dbScrollObjectTexture command dosent seem to work."

The parameters for this function have changed. Please refer to the documentation first whenever you think a command might be broken.

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 1st Jun 2012 18:06
from what i read from the doc it is the same as before..
Andrew_Neale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2012 14:01 Edited at: 17th Jun 2012 14:03
Support for Dark Dynamix will be very much appreciated, so thank you for all the hard work you are putting in. I have already bought this today in anticipation and started messing around a little. Seems absolutely superb so far.

[Edit]Apologies for reviving what looks to be an old thread having arrived here via searching for Dark Dynamix and DarkGDK![/Edit]

Previously TEH_CODERER.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 16:44:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 16:44:51