Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I just got this program and am very impressed by its capabilities, it can do animations, UV wrapping and has many features. And is free!

I must ask, before I delve to deep. Is there something I am missing here. Was I so blinded by the light that I couldn't see some fatal flaw. I previously downloaded Wings3D which I learned and, although, it is a great tool, it lacks animating and UV mapping.

I must ask those more learned in 3D graphics programs is Anim8or good? It seems similar to Milkshape from what I have seen, but if that is the case why is Milkshape commented on so much and Anim8or is left mostly in the dark...

If anyone can tell me whether I am wasting my time trying to learn to use this product or is it a valid application for games?

Thanks in advance!
The Game
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2003 04:35
Milkshape is used for many reasons...simplistic use,vast amount of 3D model format support, animation.

Anim8or is a good free 3D modeler but it does not export the animation. It would be good for modeling static objects.

If your looking for a free 3d modeler/animation program that can be used in DBPro then JTEdit is the only one I am aware of that you could do this with http://developer.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=16939&b=3

There is another free modeler I have booked marked but have not tested it yet. It's actually part of a open source project someone has going. The modeler can import export md3 models according to the site. http://www.jzone.de/p4d/index.htm

I am the game and I want to play.
Black Hydra
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I did download JTEdit awhile ago, and although I am impressed by the capabilities, I am disappointed with the difficulty to use. I found it very tricky to use and I couldn't even manage simple things with it. So it is left unused.

And as for Anim8or - It can't export the animation??? Ah cruel fates why do you mock me?

The only reason I don't get Milkshape is because upon downloading it, it doesn't work, crashing as soon as I open it. And my computer automatically hides the dll's from me so I cannot put them into the program to fix it!!
DeveloperX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2003 08:24
Anim8or is very very good.

I have been using it since it first got released.

It _can_ do animations, but it is a little tricky to get it to work.
You have to export each frame seperately, then use another program to combine the frames, such as qME.
Rebuild the 3ds, then import in DBC!

Goodluck.

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis. - Speech is given to many; intelligence to few.
-DeveloperX - CEO : CCPS Solutions - http://ccps.rpgdx.net
Battosaibry
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2003 17:28
Cool! Good idea i'll do that since ive been using Anim8or for a little while.

Make games, play games hey its a living!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 07:46:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 07:46:59