Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / how to create a .x 3d file?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
how to create a .x 3d file?
what do i need to create a .x file, i can't load a 3ds in it...

what should i do?
please help
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2003 11:28
depending on what 3d applications you have its a conversion matter.

EG: if you had milkshape you could open the file up and convert it, milkshape is nt the only program that will do it tho.
truespace 3.2 and above has the ability to import that file and export to x.

alternative : if you had darkbasic classic (not pro) there is a secret command to convert a 3ds to an x file so in order to use that command, you can access the command 3ds2x filename,filename.

from memory since im not near a DB machine theres a folder with an exe that will do this also in the classic install path.

keep in mind you may have to bring the texture files with the model or it may appear all greyed out.

some people swear by another program called crossroads or right hemispheres conversion program deep exploration.

If you want to do it with 3d studio max then look for the panda exporter and I think version 4 is the ticket for that but may have a series of switches on the export window.
Battosaibry
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2003 17:05
Yeah when you install Dark Basic it comes with a 3Ds to X in one of the folders ive used it.

Make games, play games hey its a living!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 07:50:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 07:50:37