Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / IM NEW! HELP!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2003 17:19
Hi, Ive recently bought Dark Basic(classic) And ive read a few tutorials I can make: Arrays,Functions,Load sprites,Play sounds,And a little bit on matrices. But I dont know were to learn the advance stuff any suggestions?

Make games, play games hey its a living!
y!Ck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2003 18:48
Use the help files under commands i learned the entire language out off it. Cuzz now you know the basics so you can just use the help files

Why live life if you die anyway.
http://www.darkyorick.tk
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2003 08:54
If you don't mind spending 50 bucks, then the Beginner's Guide to DarkBASIC Programming book is awesome, it has a section on programming principals, which are invaluable to any potential coder, and then it covers 2d, input, sound, then 3d. It's better than the Dummies books!

hope i helped,
Juvy

Juvenile Industries
Current Project: The First Room (FPS)
Side Projects: SHIPWRECK, the boss's school project
Battosaibry
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2003 23:36
Thanx Juvenile, I really, really!, wanted to know if that books worth getting. And I'll also try using the help files

Make games, play games hey its a living!
BobR
Years of Service
User Offline
That book is EXCELLENT... it will give you a very good understanding of programming in general and DarkBasic in particular.

The only bad thing about it is it's fairly expensive.

Check on eBay and keep an eye out for someone selling a used copy, or check Amazon for used copies. If you know how to set up a Saved Search on eBay, have them e-mail you when a new listing for the book appears.

I bought mine for a lot less than full bookstore price- on eBay.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 09:38:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 09:38:28