Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Delivery Times?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2003 21:05
What's going on guys?

I ordered the super game creator pack 10 days ago but apart from an acknowledgement email from ShareIt and a general sales email from thegamecreators.com I've received nothing. No postal delivery, no email delivery. All that has happened is my credit card has been charged £172.71.

I emailed Richard back about this on Monday. There's also an oustanding online enquiry which is still open?

I received the other order for the book which was made at the same time.

Come on, I want to play...
lagmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 7th Nov 2003 21:56
there has been a postal strike going on in the south east of the uk.

from memory they contact the distributor and they make the delivery. since the distributor was in the strike area, there's a backlog.

give it about a week max if nothing arrives contact rich again

lagmasteruk - [url]www.lagmaster.net[/url] is alive! [url]www.dbforums.co.uk/[/url] - another db forum!

Dark Snippet Pro V9 is out!!
CodeMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2003 23:11
Err, is that going to affect the email delivery as well?

Can someone tell me how you generally get the email delivery bit? Is it sent as an email attachment (maybe too big)? Or is it downloaded from ShareIt or here?

I've bought other stuff from with ShareIt as was able to download it from their site. With this order nothing though? I guess I'm supposed to get an email from DB telling me how to download it - nothing yet though...
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2003 04:44
ALL "emailed" orders are currently up to date as of today, so if you've not received anything email me from the same email address your order was placed under and I'll re-send the files to you.

Ensure they don't get whacked by a spam filter or something (the most common cause) too.

Cheers,

Rich

"It's easy to be mean when death equals a high score screen."
"You can take your Quake and go away, I'd rather play Bubble Bobble any day."
CodeMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2003 13:28
Thanks for the reply Rich.

I do have a spam filter (on my PC) but it won't filter out emails with the unique address I gave you. Plus it still keeps stuff in a trash folder for a week so that I can check if anything is missing.

Are you sure there's no confusion with the other order I made. I made 2 orders at the same time. 4058513 was for the book which I've received thanks. 4058724 was for the super pack which I haven't received.

Oddly when I go to the ShareIt site there isn't any indication of that order (4058724) although my credit card has been charged for that amount and I have 3 emails from them confirming it???
CodeMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2003 15:31
Well I resolved the ShareIt confusion. Seem they had the 2 orders as 2 seperate accounts even though I keyed the same details in and there's no indication that there's any difference in the emails. If I click on the "your order data" link and it shows me nothing. They sent me another email with the order details which works this time.

Just haven't received the goods yet...
CodeMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2003 02:52
Still haven't received anything yet...
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2003 04:23
Email me (I notice you haven't yet) and I'll deal with it on Monday. You cannot expect us to deal with order enquries via a public forum over a weekend.

Cheers,

Rich

"It's easy to be mean when death equals a high score screen."
"You can take your Quake and go away, I'd rather play Bubble Bobble any day."
CodeMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2003 14:25
I've sent 3 emails. One on the 30th.Oct which you replied to on the 3rd. I replied back to that on the 3rd. and 4th. (with extra info). I didn't hear any more back on those.

I also put in an online enquiry on the 6th. (TRKSID6db6b8b33055439b92b644c71ee04e74) which is still listed as "open" with no response although it says you're dealing with enquiries from the 8th now???
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2003 14:28
It's amazing how much fuss can be caused by what could be a very little mistake

And bearing in mind the postal strikes and the weekends, these things can pile up.

"The trouble with the French is that they have no word for 'entreprenuer'" - Pres. George W Bush

Mercenaries in Space demo @ http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 18:42:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 18:42:50