Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Making blender import sculptris generated uv's?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2012 16:39 Edited at: 18th Jun 2012 16:47
DOes anybody know a way to make blender import an obj file with the uv mapping data retained? I can import one, but there is no uv mapping coordinates. I'm trying to retopologise this model I made...

...and have the lowpoly have the same texture coordinates as the ones generated by sculptris for the highpoly. I'm just afraid though that the fact that i'm using the decimator modifier that it may stretch the uv coords that were generated by sculptris in the first place, should I succeed in getting them to import with my model.

Any help is appreciated!

If it doesnt work then I guess my only other approach to finishing this beastie is to unwrap the highpoly in blender, export as obj, and repaint in sculptris ( dont worry that only took me like 10 minutes to paint up there ), bake normal, height, occlusion in xNormal, and apply the textures to the lowpoly that I'll generate from the uv mapped highpoly model.

[/href]

++New Products Being Uploaded++

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2012 06:20
I don't know much about sculptris, but you can do the painting on the high poly directly in blender without needing uv unwrapping or exporting. You can bake the diffuse down to the unwrapped low poly uv the same as you would the normals

Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2012 17:11
So I really do not need to uv map the high poly model then?

[/href]

++New Products Being Uploaded++
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2012 08:55
Hmm thinking on it I may have mis-spoke slightly. You do not need to unwrap the high to get normal and ao bakes, you probably do need to unwrap the high to paint diffuse on it, however you could just paint the low poly directly and that's probably the easiest. There is no real need to paint the high poly since blender uses map based painting (kind of a reverse uv) rather than zbrush style poly-painting

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:03:02
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:03:02