Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Nightmare Island

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2012 18:07 Edited at: 18th Sep 2012 14:06
Full game for feedback : http://www.facebook.com/GameDevelopment.PricklyProductions

PLOT :

You find your self on an island after your plane crashed, as you start your journey on to the beach you soon realize that this is no ordinary island..........

Game Play :

The game play is very basic, but the game is addictive and hard to put down.

Its my first full attempted game, its taken 12 weeks from the start of my project and its now at the final stages.

Can anyone tell me how i could release it or publish it, what license or rights do i have and how do i go about getting them, thanks for looking!

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 1st Jul 2012 06:21
Being those screens here will expose your game a bit more... you should be able to link to them from there...

make a video...

and as mentioned already in your other threads... make a website and yeah you know the rest...

good luck with this... the last screen of the island looked nice, I do not understand it but it looks cute...

JIMAC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2012 19:25
Thanks, just finished the coding and fully tested it, i think i might just post it up in here for the forum users to get feedback etc, i had loads of fun making it and really want to share it.

[URL=http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p620/jimac1888/?action=view¤t=level4.jpg][/URL]
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2012 09:04
What did you make this game with?

Senior Developer - CBS Interactive Music Group
JIMAC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2012 13:05
Sorry forgot to mention its made with DarkGDK and VS c++ 2008 express, you will need them installed i think to run it due to DLL's.

[URL=http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p620/jimac1888/?action=view¤t=level4.jpg][/URL]
ChrisGDK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2012 21:11 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2012 21:12
Well after playing a bit through to the second level here is what I have seen.

It would be great if you could add more checkpoints. It was very frustrating to get the box thing and then die just to be sent all the way back to the start.

The hit boxes are a bit too large making it difficult to maneuver the maps.

The same repeating ambient sounds per map can get very annoying at times, a bit of variety would be nice.

If you press the Left, Right and Up arrow keys at the same time you move much faster going up than normal. This process is the same with every direction but with different keys.

The last thing I noticed was that the character (Prof. Oak? ) seems to be blinking whenever he enters water. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not.

Other than that it looks pretty good.
JIMAC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2012 22:50 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2012 22:59
Chris - Many thanks all points noted, the check points come after each boss battle, the sounds were a last minute addition, i usually have the sound off on my laptop, the movement issue is strange i checked through the code but being new to coding in general can't seem to find the fault, lastly the character was done by a friend, i don't know who prof. oak is :? when you say blinking you mean the screen is refreshing which could be an extra db-sync command that's not needed.

This is great i hope i get some more replies, the level structure is 3 levels then the boss battle, which is repeated 3 times different levels and bosses but that's were the check points kick in, there is 3 possible endings based on the amount of deaths you incur in your play through, oh just noticed the hit box thing yeah for me the collision was a pain something i need to work on in the future.

And again thanks for taking the time to have a go, and constructively comment, i am very pleased with your comments.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:41:06
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:41:06