Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / .NET Window Move/Scrollbar/Not Rendering Issue C#

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2012 18:44
Since the .NET forums don't get much traffic, I'm going to post this here. I use DarkGDK.NET and have run into an issue. I'm writing a server for my game and it has threads that run alongside each other consistently. I know moving a DarkGDK window, not embedded in a windows form, stops rendering.

However, the same applies for an embedded component. Anything that waits for a "release", like using a scrollbar, or a mouse down on a button, the DarkGDK window stops rendering. This is an issue.

Currently, I have an embedded component with windows components. It's meant to be a server/console too. Kind of like a minecraft server.

I see a couple ways to do this.

A) Make them seperate applications. Make the server and un-embedded control and let that run seperately and then just make another app that sends commands to the server (since the console doesn't really rely on threads running consistently)
B) Figure out a way to keep the DarkGDK window rendering.

I would rather do B if at all possible. Is it possible to put the DarkGDK component on it's own thread upon creation so it doesn't interfere with the UI thread? Or at least some way to keep the DarkGDK window rendering whilst other things are going on.

FireIndy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2012 20:38
Anyone have any suggestions?

FireIndy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2012 00:42
Nevermind. We are using 1.0 at the moment and just realized that 1.0 isn't thread safe. I'll just use the same logic for stuff and drop the threads. However the dragging issue is still an issue. I know that it seems to be a thing in a lot of games anyway, but I would still like to know if there's been any info on still running the DarkGDK window while dragging the windows form or using a scrollbar (etc)

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Have you checked out the DarkGDK 2.0 release candidate? It has thread support.

Intel Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, Windows Vista Ultimate SP2, PureBasic 4.61 + DarkGDK 2.0
FireIndy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2012 01:45
I thought the release candidate was only out for C++ compilers at the moment?

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
My bad. Didn't notice you where asking about net. Well then you'll have to wait until RC5 is released with net support.

Intel Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, Windows Vista Ultimate SP2, PureBasic 4.61 + DarkGDK 2.0

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:32:31
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:32:31