Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / My Sprite and tile engine

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2012 15:32 Edited at: 5th May 2013 22:47
My editor

64 bit version

last modified 2/20/2013
this is the agk version. This version still is in the work in progress.
installer
https://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/download/2454435

old exe files
https://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/download/2370672

This is the Dark GDK version that I fixed. This was the last stable download.

https://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/download/2421066

This is a project that I wanted to do for a while and since none of my apps are selling I guess I am starting it. If you have ever seen spriter this program will be like it. Except there will be differences like how you can edit the sprites.

This is the uveditor:

I do alot of Work with agk so this will help both dark gdk and agk games.

Done: Parts of animation bar.
Sprite Loader

TODO: There is a lot to be done so need help doing it.
If you know MFC then you can help.
Some things that I need are camera support for
the sprites if any one can help on that too that would be
good. In the demo program this is what is included:

selecting a parent from a child

Changing and animating color

How to import a limb

messed up u tube video of my program working

How to Set the animation on frames.

limitations: can only load 60000 sprites, and 4.3 billion frames

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 5th Jul 2012 16:23

made my day,

was not going to post anything but... that trailing text...

hope to see a video soon! if you need one try cam studio its free and does great with non-3D desktop recording and does not kill your hdd space like a particular other lol

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2012 23:18 Edited at: 8th Jul 2012 04:06
the latest file you can download here. fixed a few bugs since the last version and have made thing work better.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2012 02:26 Edited at: 8th Jul 2012 02:29
if any one is interested this is my old terrain editor which I made it is old and i will probably fix the bugs after I am done with this program.

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2012 02:27
my old terrain editor i made two years ago.

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2012 02:15 Edited at: 13th Jul 2012 23:42
ok I decided not include layers for right know. but I put the latest update on my work on this project.
here is the proposed export of the editor

Attachments

leo877
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2012 07:17 Edited at: 14th Jul 2012 23:29
@ 3d i try your program but haing problems..the program crash. i cant load a file.. in the utube video you can see what i am talking about...theres no audio.

edit: 7-14
http://youtu.be/tn4mYlh2jhg

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2012 14:58 Edited at: 16th Jul 2012 21:19
i loaded a new exe file maybe it work know. Which program are you talking about, and your utube video does not work. I didn't test the exe file from the game creators. It says your utube video is private. I tested this program on 2 computers know it works for me. wish google paid us to bot on our threads, but I think TGC gets all the bot cash.

Attachments

leo877
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2012 23:59
@ 3d
i trying to use the sprite project. i also fix the youtube link. ony my first post under edit. okay i change it from private yo public. it should work.

my OS is vista with SP2 the 32bit... i notice the link says 64 bit

lol...the adbot is taking the money.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2012 00:19 Edited at: 15th Jul 2012 05:06
Press the import limb button on it I still fixing this project so there are bugs right know. That is why it is a work in progress.
But looking at your video makes me want to put in the file drop down also. I will also make 32 bit one when I am finished. If you download the new exe file it is also under file know. I took out zoom because dark gdk does not have a command to zoom in or out from sprites. Thanks for testing the program. I like testers.

Attachments

leo877
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2012 03:43
@ 3d

okay it works but when that box to search close by it self

if you can, can you post edit when you edit a link or post..

thanks for the help

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2012 18:56
animation Control know added.

Attachments

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 18th Jul 2012 14:56
what an awesome game! ty for sharing!
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 18th Jul 2012 14:57
oops wrong post
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2012 16:46 Edited at: 19th Jul 2012 17:42
I am introducing my 3d file format bone animation system that will work with agk using xml. Obj is the format agk will work; I see dark gdk does not use this in loading objects. I dont know if this will even be a viable project when I don't know the specifics of agk. Looks like dark gdk does not support this format just hoping that AppGameKit will have x,y, and z offsets that I can use for this animation system. So you might have to convert the .x format to obj.

This is the tool bar so far

this is the intended output in xml format.

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2012 18:27 Edited at: 29th Jul 2012 00:45
The program in 3d know works like the 2d version you can rotate and animate the color in 3d.

things to be done in 3d version

ability to add textures to 3d objects;
Set size of the object in threed.
Load .x objects or 3ds
I can know animate size, of .x files and regular 3ds, and assign them textures.

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2012 00:37 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2012 19:26
This is the new interface for animated sprites

when animated sprite is created then top section represents the frames of the sprite. This bar changes if a different animated sprite is chosen or if a regular sprite is chosen.

things done
Viewable Animated sprite section.
Snap to Grid.

things to do
Save to xml
Loading xml
undo - last count
every 200th step or something close to this it will make a vector list of the current state of the engine then it will go back to that state. Also check to see if mouse is idle or not so if you leave the program on over night it don't crash. This method is a-lot easier to accomplish then each individual command being recopied in a vector list. This method will also have less errors. The only thing with this method is if the user is really fast at using the editor then it will take them back 5 or 8 commands before.
redo last step
import tile tmx files

spacebar bug. when changed to different frame.(fixed)
change frame bug
able to change properties int the main dialog when space is pressed
export code in basic or c++ format.
there will be two kind of exports tiled map export and animation export. The export will look something like this
tile1[100]=[0,0,....0] for tier 2.
dim tile1 for tier 1

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2012 04:47 Edited at: 31st Jul 2012 04:51
save a xml file it saves as "axmlfile.chr"

Attachments

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2012 11:17
This is looking great 3d! You might save me a job if you keep this up...

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2012 02:34 Edited at: 4th Aug 2012 19:59
Thanks baxslash the save file is purposely not saved in the wrong format. If your using the demo there is a lot of mistakes in the save file format. Only the paid version will be correct. That is because it is just a demo and I don't think I need to give all my stuff away for free. The demo still can be used, but the xml is 90 percent correct.
This is the save dialog.

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2012 19:55 Edited at: 4th Aug 2012 19:56
I can know load the xml file this is the format that was saved. This took me a while, and I might change this.

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2012 16:16 Edited at: 7th Aug 2012 02:08
I see that alot of people are haveing a hard time with tiled so I am including a export option for this for tier 1 and tier 2.

I am also including a import tiled map option so that it will be quicker to convert tiled maps to code.

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2012 02:32 Edited at: 8th Aug 2012 03:06
Know I have a demo up I need to fix things, this is a screen shoot of the product and product key.

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2012 02:31 Edited at: 10th Aug 2012 17:54
I added a new feature that allows me to make windmills, and I have made it so that a parent can have multiple children. I have also added effects that will move a sprite back and forth or up and down changing the uvs. I have also fixed some things that got emailed to me about selecting items, and they couldn't make a windmill because after two selections the program crashed I fixed that as well.

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2012 23:53 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2012 19:27
I recently have added of things in the program fixed and fixed a few bugs have started some undo redo controls as well as fixed other bugs.

I still need to get undo redo done.
lighting effects
added sound so you can make sound effects during frames.
need to support sound in the load file and export file.

Attachments

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 20th Aug 2012 00:57
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2012 04:27 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2012 17:00
Here is a import wizard, I found lot more bugs that I have too fix. I got ride of the side menu because it was slowing down imported tiled maps. TMX files were not working well with the side menu so I have to redesign how the editor looks a little

The code that is produced by a export of the tiled engine is.

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2012 19:24 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2012 19:57
After hearing people about box2d I have decided that my engine would be incomplete without it of course right know I am in the starting stages of implementing box two in my editor I would like to show you the toolbar that would be used.

I also added box2d to the main tool bar the pull-down is as follows:

-Box2d(on/off) : Toggles between tool bars, and between box 2d and my other format.
-Set Sprite Mass : You can reset how much the sprite weighs.
-Create Rope : Creates a copy of an object and links it with rotate joint function.

-Shapes
-Change Sprite Shape Circle: Changes the current shape from square to circle
-Change Sprite Shape Square:Changes the current shape if it is circle to square.

-Physic Forces
-Set Sprite Physics Torque: This applies a torque to the sprite.
-Set Sprite Physics Velocity
-Set Sprite Physics Force
-Set Sprite Physics Impulse
-Set Sprite Physics Friction
-Set Sprite Physics Damping
-Set Sprite Physics Angular Damping
-Set Sprite Physics Angular Impulse
-Set Sprite Physics Angular Velocity

-Sprite Physics:
-Kinematics
-Static
-Dynamic

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2012 22:16
ok I my engine is know for free because no one is buying it. Just download it you greedy people and if you make money off of my engine just give me some of it.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2012 16:41
Since I have been out of school I am rewriting this tool in agk.

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2012 16:46 Edited at: 25th Dec 2012 17:00
Here is the zip of the agk version the other window version looks like it is broken might have to fix it. So yea the agk version should can be downloaded. I have not finished it yet still on the mfc and the save format and load format, and of course I need an xml exporter format.

What works in this version well I got physics working a little but still need mouse enabled physics. and have transparency and pop up menus working a little.

Attachments

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2012 18:19
So are there any benefits for DBP users with this? Or can onky ADK and DGDK users make use of it?

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2012 05:35 Edited at: 24th Jan 2013 19:01
i using xml exporter so any one can use it once i am done. I still have lots of work to do and lots of mfc too. I don't know the code to get the window position for pop up menu. The pop up menu's currently use agk code to find window position. Below is the dark gdk version

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2013 18:55 Edited at: 24th Jan 2013 18:55
This shows how Joints are done in the editor. I wish I had more time but grad school does not allow me to work on this a lot.

Attachments

xCatalyst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2013 20:32 Edited at: 6th Feb 2013 20:35
Are you making separate arrays for each tile property? Why not just create a tile class with all of your properties and create a single array with that?

C++ Pseudo Code

Something like that. Just typed it up now in this post. Obviously it's up to you, but this could help clean up your code and export quite a bit, doing something similar to this.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2013 18:28 Edited at: 17th Apr 2013 01:30

I am using a vector class not array class. So the number of frames can increase or decrease. I agk version is looking better than my dark gdk version so far. But that would be a nice export code for c++ I think I will use it. Yea I need to rewrite the export any way and I did need help in that area. So I guess that the export should look alot like yours does.

I have still have a lot to do. Box 2d in the agk version I am developing know will let a user have Box 2d and simulate it.

I put my last agk version in the download.

You can create physics, bridges, ropes, and I fixed a few things.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2013 22:29 Edited at: 15th Apr 2013 22:35
I know have a key frame editor where you may choose linear movement. I am working on the curvilinear key frame editor, but with grad school it is really slow, because of grad school.

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2013 19:15 Edited at: 29th Apr 2013 19:23

This is my animated sprite dialog for sprite sheets and key frame editor.

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2013 22:45 Edited at: 6th May 2013 08:38
This is the installer I have some work still to be done but know i have a nice installer for my program.

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2013 01:00 Edited at: 26th May 2013 01:05
How to import a tmx file into my editor. The reason why this looks different is because there was some bugs with minimizing the screen and re maximizing the screen which I had to redo a lot of stuff.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2013 06:33
Layers in the engine

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2013 19:30 Edited at: 6th Jun 2013 19:31

three-d interface

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2013 21:33 Edited at: 8th Jun 2013 21:38

Animated object color the color changes with the curframe.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2013 20:55 Edited at: 17th Jul 2013 20:59
I am know making a game with this

this is the code: Very small right

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2013 18:35 Edited at: 5th Aug 2013 18:39
Since creating my new game I have included some stuff so it is easier for the export. I also remove parent child assign bug.

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2013 02:05 Edited at: 6th Aug 2013 02:11
This is the next phase of the engine

I am using tiled to define movement of enemies. I might have to think if i will have bounds or path to follow.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 20:31:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 20:31:43