Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Doomed. Alive for Now

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2012 06:43 Edited at: 17th Jul 2012 19:07
Doomed.

Alive for Now...

Developer:
JGCreations.
FPSCreator X9 V120.2

Release Date:
To Be Announced in Showcase forum!
FREE OF CHARGE FOR THE COMMUNITY!

Description:
Using your knowledge, and common skills, could you live to...the end?

Storyline:
You wake up, like every other morning, and its seems like it would be just another ordinary day, but what happens next is totally unexpected. This is your story of Survival..

Features:
+ 15 levels of survival.
+ 5 Chapters/parts
1 - Morning
2 - Almost Noon
3 - Noon
4 - The Evening
5 - Night
+ No live(s) hud!
+ No health hud!
+ No ammo hud!
+ Some small speaking scripts - rated M 18+(under construction)

Controls:
W,A,S,D to move/strafe, etc
Enter is the action button
Press T/right-click to pick/drop objects, left click to throw
Press X to use flashlight after obtaining it
Press Left Alt button to melee with a weapon
Press Space to jump
Press C to crouch
Press Shift to run
Press 1-9 for weapons and 0 to disarm
Press Q and E to peek left/right
Press R to reload with weapon
Follow boss fight actions!
Press F for alt weapon?
Extra action(s)?

Different Survival Modes!
+ Ultimate HELL Mode
Zombies, Viral Mutants, and Crazy Abominations! *THIS IS TRULY A NIGHTMARE!
+ Zombie Infection Mode
Nothing but ZOMBIES!
+ Viral OUTBREAK Mode
Includes Zombies and Viral Mutations.
+ Being HUNTED Mode
Has Zombies and Crazy Abominations!

ACHIEVEMENTS:
- CHAPTER ONE -
*LEVEL 1*
* Kill 4 enemies!
* Obtain 3 Weapons! (knife, handgun, shotgun)
* Collect ammo (3)

*LEVEL 2*
* Kill 9 enemies
* Collect ammo (2)
* Collect special Weapon (Melee)

*LEVEL 3*
- Kill 10 enemies
- Collect ammo (8)
- Collect keys (2)
- Collect 1 weapon (assault rifle)

ANY SUGGESTIONS/QUESTIONS?
Leave a comment below!

Background Interview:
I decided to make a simple game, with no story line, except pure survival and challenge. Scavenge and take notes of everything thats around you, some things can be avoided. Being aware of everything. is important. Remember you never been too these places, but why does it matter, being alive counts more

Download link to the DEMO
Note: This is in Medium Resolution version, the High Res. version has bugs for some reason (and it passes the build limit of 2gigs for one of the levels), hopefully this one won't have any!

*UPDATED DEMO*Ultimate HELL Mode* CHAPTER 1: THE MORNING* July 11th, 2012.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50672602/DoomedPt1Morning.zip

Another Note:
In five parts it makes 3.0gigs and counting! I'm working on this project constantly and its evolving fast! You should play the new demo, come back and check for another one, because I will be posting new demos and putting the date I update it, letting you discover the things I'm adding! Let me know if you survive the first chapter [quote][/quote]

This isn't a dream.
Alive for now..
I'm Doomed.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Fpsc Remaking Halo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2012 07:47 Edited at: 10th Jul 2012 10:15
Outdoor Screen-shot

This isn't a dream.
Alive for now..
I'm Doomed.

Attachments

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2012 08:07
Wow, quite the post! I must say however that I strongly dislike the screenshot that accompanies it. It is far too dark, and appears to have no lights whatsoever. It also appears very bare and consists of mostly boring media. I honestly believe that, if this is any indication of the quality of the rest of the levels, that the game needs to be redone.

Fpsc Remaking Halo
Years of Service
User Offline
Outdoor Screen-shot 2

This isn't a dream.
Alive for now..
I'm Doomed.

Attachments

Fpsc Remaking Halo
Years of Service
User Offline
Outdoor Screen-shot 3

This isn't a dream.
Alive for now..
I'm Doomed.

Attachments

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2012 20:50
these look a bit nicer, however you can still walk right off of the end of the map. This game's mapping still needs some attention.

Fpsc Remaking Halo
Years of Service
User Offline
Right now, I'm working on it, the mapping is evolving every minute I spend on this, at least my free time. Well I uploaded a demo, and go ahead and test it, I'm looking for bugs, by the way this isn't just your ordinary survival game! I was hoping to make the levels bigger, and was aiming at my game to be free roam, but we will see where I am going with it right now, cheers.

This isn't a dream.
Alive for now..
I'm Doomed.
AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2012 18:40
It doesn't look bad, but some of the screenshots are a bit too dark, so I'd recommend adding more lights. Also, while the outdoor shots are pretty good, changing the skybox would probably make it look a lot better

-Adrian
Fpsc Remaking Halo
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you! I know what you mean, by the way, the demo has a better skybox. I did add lights, but you have to play the demo to understand the scene and lighting itself.

This isn't a dream.
Alive for now..
I'm Doomed.
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2012 00:53 Edited at: 18th Jul 2012 02:34
Over the last weekend I played the game 5 times and here is my review:

That’s how my reviews usually start, but it’s not true for “Doomed: Alive for now" - the truth is, that I’ve played the game 15-20 times during the last 14 months.

In fact “Doomed: Alive for now” is a remake of “Doomed” (WIP thread from the 10th January 2012: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=193097&b=25 ) which is a remake of “Disturbing Silence:Chapter One” (WIP thread from the 13th April 2011: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=183986&b=25 )

So finally here is my review:

The Good
- Game Menu
It’s custom, it’s bloody, it’s zombie. Fits perfectly.
- Multiple levels
Its always nice to play more than one level and hiding weapons and ammo in each one motivates the player and rises the replay value.
- Light switches
Finally seeing light switches and desk-lamps that can be turned on, is a welcome addition that is not only fun but also makes the environment more realistic.

The Bad (Don’t know where to start…)
- Lighting
The dynamic lights are nice, but the ambience in lvl 1 is terrible. It’s neither natural nor effective gamewise, it’s just dull – and it looks nothing like “morning”. The level needs either a pitch black skybox or 15-25 more ambience. Still there should be some lightsources along the road, which would make the level look so much better. The same goes for lvl 2, and all interiors in lvl 3 except for the (mostly) missing dynamic lights.
- Level design
The interiors are extremely unrealistic. Interiors with much too less furniture and lots of weirdness (p.e. the see-through stairs with unreachable space in the starting home, the wall hole to the shotgun room in lvl 1 or the oversized fire stairs in lvl 3). The exteriors are even worse with a complete lack of realism (no lightpoles, traffic lights, signs etc.) and visible borders that cry: "There is NOTHING beyond this point! This is the EDGE!". In lvl 2 you can even jump of the map easily. The fires in the lvl 3 interiors are so illogical it hurts, because fire in a building SPREADS – it doesn’t just burn like in a cozy fireplace….
-Scripting
In lvl 1 you are immediately transported to lvl 2 when you pick up the keys in the starting home. If you approach the car in lvl 1 you are also transported to lvl 2 even if you haven’t got the keys
-Enemies
Slow Zombies, Fast Zombies, Gore Pack Hounds and Virus Outbreak Creatures….I understand that in a laboratory setting but a zombie outbreak? Why this weird mixture? And please no one tell me its “the part of the story that’s not fully developed yet” – if any creatures are not explained although they need to be, retire them! But worse is, that in level 2 ALL enemies are stuck at their spawning place and easily killable/avoidable.
- Text messages
A “What was that?” followed by a “What is that” is not really dramatizing things. And to all messages in all games going like “Holy sh*t!” let me say this: You are NOT a cool message, you are NOT funny, comical etc, you are just immature and unnecessary. Please stay out of games that do not feature the “Duke” himself.

The Ugly
- Hands
Knife hands from one model pack and firearm hands from another model pack? It can’t be so hard to decide. It shouldn't.
- Bodies
Some are ragdolled and remain, others don’t ragdoll and some just vanish. That’s unnecessarily sloppy.
- Trigger Zones
They are playing the stock sound when you enter them. Noooooo.....

Taking in account that this game is under development for over a year, has eaten up the 3rd WIP thread already and still remains unchanged in some areas that needed improvement in the last download 6 months ago, I have to downgrade the rating on my personal demo scale to a just so 1.5 out of 5 and I’d call it “an example for that sometimes you just have to ditch a game that’s been under development for too long and start from scratch again”.

A personal word to the developer: I see that your goal is to create an enjoyable, motivating, exciting zombie survivial game and I am sure you are capable of achieving this. Seriously. But I think this game is stuck in so many ways, that improving it is more work than doing a clean slate and start all over. I can offer to assist you with scripting things like level transitions and text message scripts that explain and drive the story forward. And I am willing to playtest any new demo prior to release. Just send me a mail.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Fpsc Remaking Halo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2012 20:15 Edited at: 16th Jul 2012 20:21
Thank you for your honest review! If you have been playing this for 14 months, over that period of time, I would like to inform you, that every once in a while I release a new demo, and the newest one is from the 11th of July, 2012. I would definitely accept your help if you could. The scripting, is something I have been working on, after finishing more and more of the level layout. Think of it as a BETA/ALPHA test, to see how things may be, or may change in the future. I am honest, I am not very good at scripting, at all! The first post above contains the new demo link.

This isn't a dream.
Alive for now..
I'm Doomed.
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2012 22:52 Edited at: 16th Jul 2012 22:53
Of yourse I played the newest demo from this thread.

But the complete 3rd level map is more or less unchanged from the first version, it has just added creatures and ammo.

Thats what I meant.

Fpsc Remaking Halo
Years of Service
User Offline
That is true, but to a certain extent, I have added new things to level 3. I will have a new demo up today, by the way, when I finish the first levels complete mapping and layout, I will probably need some scripts, I still couldn't do what I have been trying for a while. I also added new versions on first post, as in different survival modes. So go have a look!

This isn't a dream.
Alive for now..
I'm Doomed.
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2012 02:33 Edited at: 18th Jul 2012 17:01
I just played todays new demo (maybe you should change the download link date in the post from 11th to 17th july )and indeed there has been a lot of improvement. I actually enjoyed playing the demo this time just because I was able to see things in full colour

There is still a lot that needs to be done imo, if you need a detailed feedback, send me a mail. I also might be able to write the scripts that
a) tell the player he just picked up his car keys
b) tell the player when he reaches the car without the keys that he has to pick these up first
and c)lets the player proceed from 1st to 2nd level only when he reaches the car AND has taken the keys
(including text messages for the scripts of course)

Wicked Blood Gaming
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2012 22:44
Saying Holy Sh*t is immature? And Not funny? Acting like swearing is immature means you're trying to pull off an act of being mature. And i'm sorry your view of comedy isn't the same as everyone else's. I Happen to find Duke Nukem enjoyable, fun, and have a good dirty sense of humor. You may not see it that way, but that's because your humor is different. And probably very bland.
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2012 02:29
Quote: "Saying Holy Sh*t is immature? And Not funny? Acting like swearing is immature means you're trying to pull off an act of being mature. And i'm sorry your view of comedy isn't the same as everyone else's. I Happen to find Duke Nukem enjoyable, fun, and have a good dirty sense of humor. You may not see it that way, but that's because your humor is different. And probably very bland."

It's always a joy to see someone using my opinion about an FPSC game as an opportunity to attack me personally - especially if the one isn't even the creator himself and didn't care to read my words carefully enough to understand the meaning (otherwise he wouldn't assume that I dislike Duke Nukem).

One of the reasons I don't miss this place half as much as I thought I would.

Fpsc Remaking Halo
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Wicked Blood Gaming - Well thanks for the C&C, but I would like to say, that the game isn't in its final stages as of yet, I obviously plan on changing what I feel doesn't fit the scene properly.

@ The Storyteller 01 - Can you send me an e-mail, I am working on this project again, and I would like to talk about scripting. On behalf of your more expertise, I have a script and I have no clue what is wrong with it. jgcreations.us@gmail.com

NOTE: Also, every version of this game, will be different in some ways.

Concept, an Original Idea. A Creation. Takes Effort & Pride.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 12:48:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 12:48:21