Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / What will come out first?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
what game will hit the market first?
Halo 2
Half Life 2
Doom 3
Unreal Tournament 2010

and speaking of hitting the market... any idea when U6 is supposed to be comming out?... hitting brick walls making my programs with all the bugs

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2003 08:48
yeah, when is U6 out? I really hope the bsp bugs were fixed including collision problems I posted in bug forum a while back.

-RUST-
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2003 11:08
it won't be out until next year, because they don't want to ruin peoples alien compo entries. well rich said a while ago there wouldn't be any major updates during the alien compo anyway.

Go on, click on my signature image, you know you want to
Favourite smiley>>>
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2003 11:49
Well I sorta cant wait till Halo 2 comes out.

My philosophy:
LESS CHAT MORE SCREENIES.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2003 14:18
half life 2 is my bet

"The trouble with the French is that they have no word for 'entreprenuer'" - Pres. George W Bush

Mercenaries in Space demo @ http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk
Genesis Rage
Years of Service
User Offline
personally... i think it will be Unreal Tournament 2010!

HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Genesis Rage will come out first.

(lol, get it? HA i'm funny)

Team EOD :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2003 18:03
U6 is supposed to be out before Christmas...

Avatar & Logo by Indi. Mirrors are more fun than television.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2003 18:04
Halo2... considering it's released next month for the XBox
Doom3 is also due soon, either January or February.
Finally HL2 in April and Unreal Tournament 2004 also in April.

it's all well and good making jokes but perhaps you might want to take time to checkout the latest information and news on GameSpy huh

To Survive You Must Evolve... This Time Van Will Not Escape His Fate!
900mhz | 256mb | FX5200Ti 52.16 | Dx9 | WXP-Pro
Genesis Rage
Years of Service
User Offline
i have... but how many times has the information been... umm... postponed or delayed?

there is no disprespect intended toward these game developers... looking at the AVI's for them... they have an extremely hard job!

just having idol conversation... and finding out if anybody has more information on U6 other than the "official" information

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2003 20:19
Doom I think

Got a knack for finding secrets??? Jingot Racing---A new brand of Racing---Only from Nightwatch Studios
"hey, it's tomorrow" - Hamish
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2003 02:38
well Doom3 has never had a set date... although Amazon.com put it up on thier site, they're really begining to piss me off with the way they're purely speculating rather than asking the publishers.

Halo2 well considering it was only announce development recently, and its already got a movie to show how much is complete and for Microsoft to announce - "yup, Christmas 2003 for the XBox" is unusual cause MS usually sit there and give people "'erm perhaps next few months, maybe 6-7months"

and Half-Life2, from what i say and from my mind really didn't think it'd be out september anyways. and hell Valve have only actually released a single title which was thier own work, and that was Half-Life that was released over a year after it should've been.
So they're track record is hardly great. Especially from 4 projects and none being released or even reported much upon.

as for UT... from my recollection Epic have never missed a release date. They say a date and thier games have been out on that date, they might not work perfectly but they atleast release them when they should've.

It's like Tomb Raider and Core... Eidos made, Core look like unreliable fools with AoD just to satify thier current portfolio look to thier shareholders, essentcially killing Lara and her credibility.

You can't judge the industry on these larger companies, and to be honest i'm getting sick and tired of people making fun because these people work bloody hard to bring you great titles just to cop alot of crap... next time you work 13hr days for 4months just to hit a release date set by a publisher, then you can damn well make fun.

Genesis Rage
Years of Service
User Offline
i do agree with you Raven... but honestly, i would rather them say 6-8 months and have it come out in 9 months... than have them say "it WILL be out December 2003" and have it come out August 2004...

i would rather know the truth... even if it is "we really have no frickin clue!"

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2003 07:12
problem is no-one is asking the actual developers anymore...
aside from the Valve incident which tbh when companies act like spoilt brats like Valve have quite frankly it puts a bad image on everyone else who IS on-time and who IS working to provide good entertainment and not screw the user over.

Why do Valve do such things?
Because bad plublicity keeps them in the focus longer, it means people talk about them more. It's all part of the hype market.
Although Half-Life2 might benifit from the hype, personally i find it like films ... you over hype it, it'll turn out S**T.

alot of developers now say a year, rather than an actual quarter even - some even just simply say "when it's done, it's done"

i personally liked Tom Sweeny's comment about Unreal Tournament 2004, he turned around to this report guy who'd just said - "So when is U T 2004 going to be out?"
he said, "well when you see it in EB, you'll know we've finished it"

Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2003 07:33
Quote: "is unusual cause MS usually sit there and give people "'erm perhaps next few months, maybe 6-7months"
"

That is why i don't trust the christmas (my b-day too.....) release date... to fishy..

I'm just hoping that XIII gets released on time in the US, i've been waiting to play that for a longtime.

A Dream is a Dream unless it is Real
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2003 09:54
there is already a demo out, single 3 mission & 2type multi

klariza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2003 15:59
now u lot think i am weird when i say this.
Doom - much as it is very good game and i love it - but the lighting effects in the game makes me very sick after a while of playing it, which is a shame, the same goes for the die hard games funny enuff - not the developers fault obviously - its me being weird.

personally i cannot wait for Half life 2, altho i have played played the first game - i hear it is very good.

I am obsessed by Toasters - especially talking ones...bizaare really isn't it?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 18:54:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 18:54:04