Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Dark Dynamix Overlapping features ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I see most of the features in Dark Dynamix overlaps the existing Dark Physics. So can anybody please share (who has bought dark dynamix) what added advantage I get by paying extra 60USD for Dark Dynamix ?
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 16th Jul 2012 20:48
as far as I can see its just the standalone capabilities with an updated API. if you just need character controllers and gravity and collision data stick with what you know the main benefit is not needing end users to install PHYSX drivers should they not require Hardware Physics

Juggernaut
Years of Service
User Offline
So not worth the 60 dollar price - from what you say.

I have finally fallen for the dark side - I have ordered Dark Game Studio and was wondering to buy Dark Occlusion - is that really useful ? What is your opinion.

One more thing is Dark Game Studio products downloadable or are they physically shipped ?
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2012 22:03
If you have the cash spare I would say get DDyn... If not stick with DP...

DGS is awesome...

I also have DOcc and it is pretty nifty for multi core users...

DGS is a physical DVD but you can download everything too... For while you are waiting for the disk...

I have many other Plugins so just ask if you need any help or info on them...

Juggernaut
Years of Service
User Offline
Mr. Valentine, thanks for the advice. Currently it seems 60 USD is a bit too much for an updated product. If I make money I will go for it.

Dark Occlusion - as you say works good on multi-core machines, I guess it won't improve the frame rate in older cpu machines. Besides it does not work with Dark 1.0 - which is big downside of this plugin in my opinion. If I do not use dark occlusion - the Dark GDK or DBPro will do frustrum (viewport) culling and also back face culling - right ?

What do you think about Dark GDK 2.0 ? Has it got any real future as true bug free enhanced version of Dark GDK 1.0 ? Is it really faster (giving much better frame rate for largely populated scenes) than Dark GDK 1.0 ? Or is it just an en-devour that falls short of its goals in real production use ?
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2012 23:57 Edited at: 16th Jul 2012 23:58
Quote: "Mr. Valentine, thanks for the advice. Currently it seems 60 USD is a bit too much for an updated product. If I make money I will go for it."

not to worry, I do plan on using it eventually but money is tight at present... spent way too much this year on tech stuff... [£1,000+]

Quote: "Dark Occlusion - as you say works good on multi-core machines, I guess it won't improve the frame rate in older cpu machines. Besides it does not work with Dark 1.0 - which is big downside of this plugin in my opinion. If I do not use dark occlusion - the Dark GDK or DBPro will do frustrum (viewport) culling and also back face culling - right ?"

DarkOcc is currently in the works to become a DLL as far as I know so that should settle the issue of GDK 1.x 2.x, in regards to the frustrum stuff I am not experiencedenough to answer that... sorry... However Yeah DBP has built in culling capabilities... though DarkOcc is pretty nifty and fully automated making the job that little bit easier and the developer of the plugin Max P is very good at responding and ato top it off he even made a tool for a third party application for me so thumbs up to him for that. [A tool for 3D World Studio exported models in DBO format]

Quote: "What do you think about Dark GDK 2.0 ? Has it got any real future as true bug free enhanced version of Dark GDK 1.0 ? Is it really faster (giving much better frame rate for largely populated scenes) than Dark GDK 1.0 ? Or is it just an en-devour that falls short of its goals in real production use ? "

Frankly speaking it is not for me to answer this as I am still getting to grips with DBPro myself and moving onto GDK 2.0 will be innevitable should I continue with the BASIC world... I however have plans to jump onto another language alltogether for advanced programming...

But at the moment my tutorial videos for web technologies are occupying my time erm sort of as I am yet to get started with them life just has its way of delaying everything lol...

hope this helps...

EDIT

Typo in bold

Juggernaut
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "not to worry, I do plan on using it eventually but money is tight at present... spent way too much this year on tech stuff... [£1,000+]"

wow ! That is real big investment.

Quote: " I however have plans to jump onto another language alltogether for advanced programming... "

What programming language is more advanced than C/C++ ? I am curious about it - if do not mind sharing.
Juggernaut
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "not to worry, I do plan on using it eventually but money is tight at present... spent way too much this year on tech stuff... [£1,000+]"

wow ! That is real big investment.

Quote: " I however have plans to jump onto another language alltogether for advanced programming... "

What programming language is more advanced than C/C++ ? I am curious about it - if you do not mind sharing.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2012 01:49
Quote: "wow ! That is real big investment."

And constantly ongoing...

Quote: "another language"

not necessarily 'more' advanced but my knowledge in the area is at present minimal...

I plan to learn some basic C/C++ however I have decided to be happy being a Primarily Windows Based Developer and therefore heading for C# [and all related languages/infrastructures] including .NET and XNA, mainly .NET as the main focus as it is also a web based infracstructure...

So at present I wish to master the web to some extent in HTML/5, CSS/3, JavaScript/jQuery, PHP, MySQL and then later next year the ,NET web infrastructure... then onto .NET C# programming etc... its all unclear with the Windows focussed development as I am still inexperienced in it therefore I intend to take a nose dive next year after my birthday if not sooner...

But yeah once I have done my web stuff I will go back into programming, make some stuff using DBpro for my first few projects, but with the Dawn of Windows 8... I see a real need to further develop my skill/tool set...

Sorry for the verbose explanation but I am so passionate about my intentions for once...

Juggernaut
Years of Service
User Offline
You have got a long road to cover my friend ....... I guess .... we all do .... throughout our life.
mistsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2012 15:15
Quote: "What programming language is more advanced than C/C++"

short answer is its your perspective on advanced.

there is nothing faster bar assembly.. but the reason higher languages exist is to escape that, lol

otherwise its what you want from a language... some like procedural programming, others oop and some strangely prefer functional like haskel, and the hundreds of languages out there all offer something of variation of choice of how to code.

for game programming i'd stick to 3rd gen compiled languages
Juggernaut
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "for game programming i'd stick to 3rd gen compiled languages "

Name a few, please.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 10:41:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 10:41:23