Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Mistrel Please take a look at this : Spark Particle Wrapper

Author
User Banned
Posted: 18th Jul 2012 15:14
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=191567&b=5

just watching the videos attached in the Spark downlod File are completly awesome , we GDK community will want a Particle Engine which is better then what GDK includes , we can really make awesome stuff with it, can you please check it out? maybe in sometimes including this awesome particle wrapper to GDK ? please ????
prasoc
Years of Service
User Offline
That is a really sweet particle wrapper. The inbuilt FX commands are pretty poor in both DBPro and DGDK - I had to create my own system to make it look semi-decent.

You probably don't even need a wrapper for the SPARK particle engine, it is coded in C++. With a few function calls you could integrate it into DGDK without the DBPRO wrapper.

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 19th Jul 2012 02:23
ohh well i shell take a look at it! ty.
s_i
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2012 01:11
@haliop -- I think, adopting Spark DB wrapper for DarkGDK is a good variant. But we need Mistrel's help.

Spark's site: http://spark.developpez.com/index.php?page=home&lang=en

Yes, Spark is a beautiful particle system. But how to integrate it with DarkGDK's code and DarkGDK's internal numeration of loaded images?
Spark has only 3 API: OpenGL, Irrliht, SFML. From it's site we can download demos (used OpenGL), source code (for making library???), includes and libs/dlls.
I am not a professional programmer, only hobbyist. Can anybody give me some advises what to do?.. Examples?.. Ideas?.. Easy ways?..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 16:58:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 16:58:16