Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Scifi Textures 2.0 will be for sale tomarrow on Turbosquid.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2012 01:40 Edited at: 20th Jul 2012 01:41
Hey everybody.

I have decided that tomarrow I will be releasing my scifi textures pack on turbosquid.

The pack comtains 185 texture files, which were hand done by me, with NO EXPENSIVE 3D APPS (you read that right).

All in all, there are 25 unique textures included, all of which are 512 pixels in resolution, although there are some trim textures and such that are a little smaller (on one side, like a 128 by 512 pixel texture), not counting the additional variant textures that are also included in the pack.

I really hope you all enjoy these because they were a pain to make. I have put a great deal of time into making these textures and I feel you will think they are worth it.

In the future, I may release a tutorial on turbosquid as well for creating them, so you, too, can create these awesome textures.

I am pricing this pack at 40 dollars, but act fast tomarrow to take advantage of a 5 dollar discount.

In the meantime please browse through my selection of items by clicking on my sig!

[/href]

++New Products Being Uploaded++

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2012 01:45 Edited at: 20th Jul 2012 01:46
Heres a preview:

[/href]

Attachments

Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2012 05:14 Edited at: 20th Jul 2012 05:14
And heres another to show how they all tile seamlessly.

[/href]

Attachments

Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2012 20:03
You have some amazing work there Hamburger. I would totally buy them if I had the money. They're more than worth it.

http://www.3dartistonline.com/user/Travis%20Gatlin
You can find my latest work here. Please comment on my work and tell me what you think!
Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2012 21:24
Hey thanks Travis! I actually thought of making a small competition and making this the prize so your not fresh out of luck here my friend!

[/href]

Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2012 01:32
That would be so great!

http://www.3dartistonline.com/user/Travis%20Gatlin
You can find my latest work here. Please comment on my work and tell me what you think!
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2012 14:09
Quote: "The pack comtains 185 texture files"

I am taking it you are counting the shaders in that number as well, just to clarify?

Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2012 14:49 Edited at: 21st Jul 2012 14:53
Quote: "I am taking it you are counting the shaders in that number as well, just to clarify?
"

Yeah, theres 25 or so unique ones in the pack. I included 5 maps for each texture. And then theres some more little variation textures in it.

I have a watermarked version of the textures you can download on on the pack's product page.

[/href]

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2012 02:30
Quote: "All in all, there are 25 unique textures included, all of which are 512 pixels in resolution, although there are some trim textures and such that are a little smaller (on one side, like a 128 by 512 pixel texture), not counting the additional variant textures that are also included in the pack."

this, can potentially be a turnoff... why not bigger - I'd rather have a LARGE picture which I could resize myself, than a small one

Whose eyes are those eyes?
Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2012 05:10 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2012 05:10
Quote: "why not bigger - I'd rather have a LARGE picture which I could resize myself, than a small one
"

You know I was actually thinking about that alot... I was afraid somebody would say that or something about the resolution... In fact I was thinking about dropping the price slightly as well.

THing is that I made these a while ago and I don't really remember how I really went about making them (not technically, I mean like what colors I generally used when making them and the layer styles...). It'd be really hard to replicate without getting a pack with what looks like 2 differently colored textures...

But then I look at some other similar packs that sell on turbosquid, that are of not so good quality, and people who sell these price them higher than what I'm pricing this pack.

I tend to look at it this way:

When you consider the more recent texture packs from dexsoft (you know, the chromy looking stuff, theres really about 5 more or so textures that your paying for, without any cavity maps, but all the textures are 1024 pixels. I know this because I have bought a couple. 35 textures for 39.99 euro, which is about 50 bucks in US dollars, while over here you get relatively the same amount, in 512 pixels resolution, for 35 bucks, with the cavity map added for those who like displacement mapping.

Maybe I'll just leave the price alone at 35 bucks instead, seems to suit the pack more even in my opinion... Besides, after the 40 percent royalty it means that I make 16 bucks instead of 18 bucks... WHAT? you make only 16 cucks when you sell 35?!?!? Yep, thats turbosquids greedy little royalties for ya... So I kinda have to factor in royalties as well...

Besides, I still know hoe to create awesome textures, whats stopping me from doing a community-inspired scifi textures 3.0?

[/href]

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2012 14:09
Quote: "But then I look at some other similar packs that sell on turbosquid, that are of not so good quality, and people who sell these price them higher than what I'm pricing this pack."

Don't price stuff according to Turbosquids general prices - ALOT of stuff there is overpriced as heck.

Go look at other places, pack-company sites and stuff like that. I wouldn't know about the pricing thing, other than that I wouldnt pay 150$ for a high poly - non sculpted, non uved model.. (lots of stuff like that on turbosquid)

At any rate: I was just pointing out that 500 pixels may be a turnoff for some people, and might be something to think about in the future, I definitly like the textures, they look great! But for a modern day shooter, for example, you maybe want higher res.

So, just something to think about in the future, that's all - These are very very well made, the proicing MIGHT be a tad too high, but I won't argue with you on that, ill let someone else do that.

Whose eyes are those eyes?
Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2012 17:21
Well hey Quik thanks for the advice and the comments!

[/href]

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2012 17:37
Fair price, great textures. If a pro wanted to use these really 35 bucks is less than pocket change. Good work, keep it up you'd definitely have my purchase if I had any use at all for these textures... Maybe when I make a game... Someday

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2012 19:23
Quote: "Maybe when I make a game... Someday "

Hey I havent really ever finished a game either!

[/href]

Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2012 23:16
I personally think your texture size is perfect. For a tiling texture, which will likely be on a floor or wall, that resolution will be perfect if they scale the UV space (can't think of a better way to word that) so the texture is a proper size relative to the player. I hope that made sense

Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2012 05:10
Quote: "I hope that made sense! "

It did don't worry!

[/href]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 05:30:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 05:30:24