Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / moving avi's around the screen

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

Am still learning lots of the basic stuff in DB (slowly I just dont seem to have the time for these things)
Anyway I cant seem to get my avi's to move across the screen, with a bitmap in the background, without it leaving a blurring effect.
The only way i can do it is to continually clear the screen and reload the bitmap with every movement, which is hardly efficient.
My code is below

As you can see I have two avi's moving at different heights on the
screen across from left to right at the same time. Any suggestions
on how I can clear the avi's after each movement and keep
my bitmap?

Thanks for any help

err help..
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2003 09:00
I tried to rewrite code, but it's late and my brain's a mess. But try to use LOAD IMAGE and PASTE IMAGE to load and manipulate your bitmaps, PASTE IMAGE does not remove the bitmap from memory like COPY BITMAP does, and you can hold 65,000 images versus 32 bitmaps. Now you don't need to copy-paste, reload, and do all that other confusing stuff with your bitmaps. You can just use SYNC, your other animation movement algorithms, and PLACE ANIMATION to have a seamless music video, or video viewer thing. If I've overlapped some necessary techniques (like I almost deleted your second animation when I tried to rewrite the code, ), just keep them in there because it was probably just me overlooking something.

hope I provided some help,
juvy

Juvenile Industries
Current Project: The First Room (FPS)
Side Projects: SHIPWRECK, the boss's school project

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 09:26:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 09:26:24