Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Fatal Error [HELP]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I recently just installed DarkGDK from the website and when I try to run a program with this code:

But then I get this

I do not understand why I get this error.
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2012 12:41
Have you included all headers and libraries necesary?

"Why do programmers get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?"
Kriz
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, I included the DarkGDK include folder/lib folder, the August 2007 Microsoft DirectX include/lib folders, and the Microsoft SDK's Include/Lib folders.
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Unresolved symbols means it knows the function prototype, but when called, the compiler can't find the actual function. I've gotten out of DGDK1.0, but I think there's a .lib associated with GDK. You're not including the library in your external dependancies.
I think it's in Properties Page->Configuration Properties->Linker->Input. And the top line is Additional Dependancies. There you need to put in that .lib file name. I'm not 100% sure on this, but that .lib is the one I think Rudolpho was refering to.

The fastest code is the code never written.
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2012 12:32
These are the additional includes I have in one of my old DGDK1 projects. I don't think you need them all for DarkGDK alone, but I'm not sure which ones are required specifically for that:

You also have to set the libcmt.lib file to be ignored (ignore specific libraries, 2 items below the additional dependencies on the page Hawkblood mentions).

"Why do programmers get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?"
Kriz
Years of Service
User Offline
I looked in my additional dependencies and all of the ones you listed were in my inherited dependencies. Also, when I added libcmt.lib to my ignored list it added so many more errors...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 07:11:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 07:11:45